Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > IE 5.1 download trouble

IE 5.1 download trouble
razorshines
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2002, 09:21 PM

I have lost the ability to download files in Internet Explorer 5.1 using OS 9.2.2 on a B&W G3. Whenever I click on a link to start a download, the browser starts to do something, but then it stops before Download Manager can open.

I have done everthing I can think of including reinstalling IE 5.1, replacing the Explorer Preferences and performing a clean install of the system software, but the problem still persists.

I think the problem might be with the file helpers, but I am lost when it comes to configuring file helpers.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

RBattin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2002, 05:05 AM

Try deleting the file "Internet Preferences." That's where IE stores helper info. You might want to review everything in the Internet control panel first since they both share that preference.

RBattin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2002, 05:07 AM

Oops! A clean system install would have taken care of that.

razorshines  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2002, 07:21 AM

Since I moved some files from my old system folder to the new one after I did the clean install, I decided to delete the Internet Preference file. It didn't help. The problem is still there. I am at a complete loss at this point. I guess I'll have to continue using a different browser to download stuff from the Net.

Thanks for your help and if you, or anyone, can think of anything else , then let me know through this thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules