Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 2.2GHz MacBook Pro Signed by Woz 15"

FS: 2.2GHz MacBook Pro Signed by Woz 15"
brofkand
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2007, 01:07 PM

I'm looking at selling my current-model MacBook Pro (the low-end MacBook Pro, completely stock config). It is signed by Woz on the front right below the Apple logo. I have pictures of him signing it with me in front, which is the best way I know to prove it is authentic. I saw him at a convention at NCSU about a month ago.

The computer works beautifully; I've had an iSkin keyboard cover and trackpad film on it since day one. It will include all original accessories including the keyboard cover and trackpad film, as well as an Incase black neoprene sleeve, and a Leopard Up-To-Date Upgrade DVD.

I'm thinking around $3000 for the machine, since it is signed. Is that too low, too high? Let me know. Any serious offers will be entertained!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 15, 2007, 04:18 PM

Pics?

tsvb
Forum Regular
Dec 15, 2007, 08:11 PM

So you are saying Woz's signature is worth $1300?

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2007, 02:14 AM

Go Wolfpacks!!

brofkand  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2007, 10:20 PM

Here are the pictures of the event and the computer itself: .Mac Web Gallery

I do not have pictures of anything else, but it does include the box, all original accessories, a Leopard UpToDate DVD (I bought the computer on October 10), and the Incase sleeve and the iSkin keyboard cover (clear), as well as the installed trackpad film. The computer itself is pristine, as is to be expected for a two-month old machine. I realize $3000 may be a little high, are there any other realistic offers? I paid $2200 for the machine with iWork (not included-only the 30day on the Install DVD), the sleeve, keyboard cover, and .Mac. I will also include my signed copy of iWoz if there is interest, however that includes my name in the signature. Any offers?

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Dec 17, 2007, 07:00 PM

You might have better luck on eBay. Make sure you include your pictures.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2007, 03:53 PM

wow, just checked out the photos. havent seen a photo of him in a while and he's certainly looking,
um, healthy. Not that Kathy Griffins a supermodel by any means, but still.

I think in this photo he's saying "I gained thiiiiiiiis much weight"..

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2007, 12:02 AM

Yeah, he's put on a good amount of weight recently.

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2008, 08:54 PM

At the end of the day that signature or it will not save your computers low end status.
nor will it save it after the slew of updates set forth to come for apple laptops in the upcoming upgrades.

Now if you can prove to me that his signature is worth 1300 bucks and that for some reason
woz is a magical term to make the computers value not drecrease then i will buy it
till then stop trying to rip people off by selling a computer that is worth 1999.99 retail and 1699.99 refurbished (yours is Used might i add) go somewhere else with this crap you know damn well his signature is worth nothing-THIS COMPUTER IS NOT EVEN A COLLECTORS ITEM.

NO MERCY NO GAIN-NO LOVE NO RESPECT.
A.I.R (ART IS RESISTANCE)

Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2008, 10:00 PM

Um... thank you.

?

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2008, 12:23 AM

I went to one of his book signing event once, it's pretty cool. I bought a couple old school Apple mousepads for him to sign.

CTSxViper
Jan 4, 2008, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Javizun View Post
At the end of the day that signature or it will not save your computers low end status.
nor will it save it after the slew of updates set forth to come for apple laptops in the upcoming upgrades.

Now if you can prove to me that his signature is worth 1300 bucks and that for some reason
woz is a magical term to make the computers value not drecrease then i will buy it
till then stop trying to rip people off by selling a computer that is worth 1999.99 retail and 1699.99 refurbished (yours is Used might i add) go somewhere else with this crap you know damn well his signature is worth nothing-THIS COMPUTER IS NOT EVEN A COLLECTORS ITEM.

That truly is a threadcrap. You should have done this by pm..

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2008, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Javizun View Post

Who the F are you to sh*t on someone's thread?

Forum Links
Forum Rules