Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Bungie's Destiny

Bungie's Destiny (Page 4)
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 8, 2015, 12:31 AM

Maxed out to Level 32 on all three of my characters. I think I'm like 500 hours into this game now.

All Exotic Gear has been acquired.

Technically I'm only missing 4 Exotic Weapons. I did have a No Land Beyond (twice) but broke them down for exotic shards.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
May 11, 2015, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Maxed out to Level 32 on all three of my characters. I think I'm like 500 hours into this game now.
Holy crap...

All Exotic Gear has been acquired.
Hooooooooly crap...

Technically I'm only missing 4 Exotic Weapons.
Hoooooooooooooly crap...

So did this game get better since I called it quits?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 12, 2015, 01:27 AM

A little. Bungie added a lot of minor fixes to help make the overall playing experience more enjoyable and less tedious. You can now use the smartphone app to send or retrieve items from the vault without having to make a trip to the tower. Lots of bugs were fixed in the Raids including the heavy ammo glitch. Matchmaking was added to the weekly heroic strikes.

More improvements will be added with House of Wolves. The biggest being 6 person raids are no longer required to obtain the best gear.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2015, 02:25 AM

Got another shitty No Land Beyond tonight. I may keep this one to complete my exotic weapon collection. Oh yeah one more thing...

FLAWLESS RAID MOTHER****ERS!!!! Seriously, I didn't think I would ever get this trophy.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
May 15, 2015, 09:44 AM

Meh, 1 in 100 people can do it.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2015, 01:52 PM

Leonard
Professional Poster
May 26, 2015, 08:06 PM

Woohoo! Finally found a Treasure Key in those Etheric Light chests you find after fighting a Wolfpack.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2015, 09:54 PM

Well, Bungie smartened up and increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from various sources. I thought it would take forever toget upgrades, but now that improves it hopefully.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2015, 02:02 AM

True but now you can't hit the chests multiple times by moving in and out of the area. I'm trying to reach rank 3 in iron banner this week. You can purchase Etheric Light from Lord Saladin for 5,000 glimmer.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jun 3, 2015, 09:36 AM

I like the changes. The leaving the area and returning thing was a fun metagame, but I knew it was going to be patched.

More later this week on our thoughts on the expansion. One of my guys went 9-0 in Trials. Bastard.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2015, 04:16 PM

True but now you can't hit the chests multiple times by moving in and out of the area.
Yeah, I found that out yesterday and it was a bit of a disappointment. It was nice hitting the chest multiple times. But like Mike said, we knew that was going to be fixed.

As well you get a free key for your first Wanted bounty of the week. I assume it's when you turn in the Wanted bounty as I haven't turned mine in from yesterday.

As well the small chests in Prison of Elders are supposed to give more treasure keys.
I'm trying to reach rank 3 in iron banner this week. You can purchase Etheric Light from Lord Saladin for 5,000 glimmer.
I don't do much PvP and I haven't done an Iron Banner yet. I live it for the better players, but I sure would like to buy Etheric Light, even for 10,000 glimmer.
( Last edited by Leonard; Jun 3, 2015 at 04:26 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 3, 2015, 10:14 PM

Well, that seems much better. Got 2 keys today. One from a Wolfpack Etheric Chest and one from the weekly Wanted Bounty when I turned the bounty in.

Now to get.a few more keys and then hit the Prison of Elders. Hopefully get an armor core so I can get a 42 light piece of armor.

Why is it when I have someone following me in Patrol and shooting things, Legendary Purple Engrams fall, and when I'm alone I only get Blue Engrams?
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2015, 04:52 PM

With Destiny:The Taken King coming out next month, I wonder what, if anything they are going to transfer from the existing Destiny for you. I watched a video on weapons and it sounds like it's not worth using the old legendary weapons even if you could. They'll be useless compared to the new weapons. No word on whether legendary weapons will get transferred over. In fact no word on if your old character will get transferred over or if you have to start new.

Supposedly everything is changing, and it sounds like for the good. Sounds like they are getting rid of having 2 marks currencies and settling for 1 which will make things better. Getting rid of the different materials that your armor dismantles into depending on class - that's good.

I still have to pre-order my copy. Might as well.
MacBook Pro

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Aug 13, 2015, 06:01 PM

The characters are coming over. In fact, they're allowing a one-time boost to one character, be it new or old. Plus, if you're 34 with light, you'll start at 34. Exp requirements for levels are going to be wacky, I think.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2015, 10:40 AM

So we get to bring one of our 34 level characters over at level 34. Damn, I guess that will have to be my main Titan 34 character. Won't be able to bring my Hunter 34 over. My Warlock is only 32.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2015, 01:44 PM

Some awesome trolling on Bungie's part.

Destiny's Xur has a special treat for you this week: Gjallarhorn | Polygon

The Gjallarhorn rocket launcher is probably the most coveted weapon in the game. Bungie announced a few weeks ago that they are going to nerf the tracking/damage of the wolfpack rounds when House of Wolves is released. Guess who's selling the Gjallahrhorn this weekend just weeks before it's about to be obsolete. That's right, xur.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 21, 2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Wuerthele View Post
The characters are coming over. In fact, they're allowing a one-time boost to one character, be it new or old. Plus, if you're 34 with light, you'll start at 34. Exp requirements for levels are going to be wacky, I think.
It's interesting, they mention that, AND then they mention that there is a light spark for new characters that will boost you up to level 25.

It sounds like you'll be able to bring over one character that is level 34 from the original Destiny and start a new character and get it boosted to level 25. So although I have a level 34 Titan and Hunter (I've neglected my level 32 Warlock), I can only bring one of those characters over, most likely the Titan, and I can create a new Hunter and bring him to level 25 with this light spark right away. At least that's my hope, if I can't bring the Hunter 34 over.

The other thing is I may want to put the Hunter's exotics in the Vault, otherwise I may have to buy them again. My Hunter is well setup.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2015, 02:38 AM

This video is pretty funny. It covers all the events that happened during the 1st year of Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ibh3SLqwHc

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2015, 10:49 AM

I wish they wouldn't take away things that the previous DLC gave us. For instance, they took away the Queen's Wrath bounties. Luckily I have a few keys in my vault or I wouldn't be able to play prison of elders and open the big chest.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2015, 04:21 PM

Man, I thought when I finished the main quest of the Taken King and killed the King, that I'd be nearly finished the game. Little did I know that's when another dozen quests open up. There is a decent amount of content in this release.
MacBook Pro

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Oct 7, 2015, 04:33 PM

Yeah, and I think more will unlock with time.

Re: PoE, I've had two keys drop in my playing, so...

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 9, 2015, 11:02 AM

Yes, I've collected a couple of things that I don't know what they are, yet. Actually, finding things can also start a new quest or bounty. I found a calcified fragment that started a new Quest with Eris, and I found something else that started a bounty.

It's weird how the new light level of armor and weapons work, but I think I can get used to it. It's strange finding blue rare gear that is higher in light than your legendary or exotic gear. But it is cool that you can use infuse to dismantle that new rare gear with higher light to increase the light level of a legendary or exotic.

Highest thing I found so far were some 294 gauntlets from the new strike with the 2 CABAL bosses.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2015, 02:57 PM

Yeah, I've found a few hidden quests/events mostly related to Runes.

If you fight Wizards or Knights on the Dreadnaught, you can sometimes receive a wormsinger rune, which you use in one of the rooms in the hullbreach area where a terminal asks for a wormsinger rune. This then brings out a public event with an Ogre with a yellow health bar that you have to fight to get a wormfeeder rune. You then charge the wormfeeder rune by killing enemies. Once charged it transforms into 1 of 9 keys for chests.

The other rune I found is a Agonarch rune which has a similar charging cycle as the wormfeeder rune. But is used for a different public event.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2015, 06:11 PM

It was nice to see Jawbone return to Destiny last night. He was able to rank up from 28 to 36 in just a few hours. Maybe he will stick around a little longer this time.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2015, 11:33 PM

Had a weird thing happen in Destiny yesterday after playing iIron Banner. I think the game glitched and gave me a 314 light Iron Companion Greaves (Boots). It happened after I came back to orbit from claiming my rank 5 reward from Iron Banner.

The reason I think it's a glitch is because the boots weren't even on offer from Skaax and I haven't been in the King's Fall Raid except for a failed try at the Oryx checkpoint (got invited and it fell apart). So armor and weapon wise I have nothing 300 light or over. I got a 310 ghost shell from Iron Banner, 308 artifact, and 300 Titan mark, but that's not armor or weapons. The other thing is the boots popped up after I hit orbit.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2015, 06:39 PM

Well, damn, it's not a glitch. Apparently you get 310+ armor from the Rank 5 package in Iron Banner. Good to know!

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._rank_5_drops/
MacBook Pro

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Nov 24, 2015, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I got a 311 artifact from the level 3 IB package. I'd do terrible things for a Ghost shell greater than 285.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2015, 03:51 AM

Sparrow racing will be unlocked for the next few weeks. Has anyone here tried it yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvlo4owT1tE

JacobVR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2016, 12:19 PM

well I'm going to look at it

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2016, 02:27 PM

I was going to reply to this way back in December, but I kept getting a "server is busy" error. So I lost my reply.

I tried the racing and basically did it to get the rewards - helmets at light levels 290 - 320. Basically every second or third race would reward you with a helmet. When you were rank 1, these would be under light 299. As you ranked higher, the helmets would be higher light levels. After I ranked to level 3, I got 2 helmets - one 318 and one 315. I also got many helmets in the range 300 - 310. I infused a lot of my exotic helmets with the 300 - 310 and kept the 318. You didn't need to get your S-class license to get 310 to 318 helmets. It seems you just needed to rank up your SRL ranking.

As for the racing, it was very tightly grouped racing for the most part. Make a couple mistakes and your at the back of the pack. Get thru a couple of the boost gates and if someone in the pack made a mistake, you could get back into the top. Most of the time I placed in the bottom 3. I did have some top 3 wins and I think 1 or 2 first place wins.

I did notice some track problems, like certain areas seemed to grab you and not let you go when you got to the sides of the track. Some areas seemed to drag you in. There seemed to be some simple booby traps.

There were only 2 tracks, but then this was the first run of SRL. Hopefully they'll add more when they bring it out again.

Near the end of the racing, I was getting the idea you generally wanted to be in the middle of the pack to the last lap, and sneak ahead in the last lap, if you could. As if you were in first place the boost gates were narrower and the further back you were they were wider. Making it harder to hit the boost gates if you were in first.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2016, 02:34 PM

Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the Sleeper Stimulant quest "First Firewall" that was first shown on Oct or Nov 7, and when it comes out again. Apparently this mission shows on every 7the of the month if you have met the prereqs. I think the prereqs are returning the 4 parts of that weapon that you return to the gunsmith.

I just did the First Firewall mission yesterday.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2016, 01:37 AM

Anyone here getting the Rise of Iron DLC next week?

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2016, 01:11 AM

So I finally broke down and paid money for an emote. I mean who can say no to the Elaine Benes Kicks Dance?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2016, 01:02 PM

Anyone here getting the Rise of Iron DLC next week?
Pre-ordered it and basically I think we already installed it last week in that 12GB update. Noticed a few changes, even before next week's release.

They finally gave us more inventory space. I was running out of stuff in the materials that I could keep in the vault. Nice they gave us a separate space for the chroma. They also upped the light level. One guy I met had a light level 336 item.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2016, 03:46 PM

The gunsmith is selling armor materials!!! Finally!
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2016, 09:50 AM

New light level cap is 385.

It looks like most vendors sell 350 weapons and armor. It looks like rares are dropping at 337 - 340 so far. That may depend on your light level.

Finished of a couple of crucible matches yesterday and got one new map in a subway. I think it was called Last Exit.

Then I went through the first story mission and an achievement popped. Nice of them to give you an achievement so early.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2016, 09:57 PM

The story missions for Rise of Iron were kinda short. Not as short as the Dark Below DLC but no where near as long as the Taken King. I completed my Gjallarhorn quest yesterday. The light level is at 350. That last mission in the quest was fun. You have to protect your ghost while he assembles all the pieces together. You get unlimited ammo to take out all the enemies at the end. The Gjallarhorn is a beast just like it was in year 1.

My light level is currently at 344. I need to get up to 360 before the new Raid begins on Friday.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2016, 11:42 AM

I haven't had too much time to play. I've only finished the first 2 missions. I did check out the Crucible, though, and the new game type Supremacy. Not bad. I see there are some new maps.

I needed some Legendary Marks. I spent a few on a 350 chestpiece.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2016, 11:04 PM

Yep, got my gjally ( well, 2 of them) and the new khovostov exotic.

As for light level. I'm currently at 347. Got a 351 Titan Mark. Your probably higher than me by now, if you have been running the raid. I haven't tried the raid. Found out blue engrams max at 340 and you're looking for purples/legendaries, which are usually a few of light levels above your average. Running archon's forge and strikes.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2016, 01:46 AM

I haven't run the raid yet but plan to this weekend. I've been grinding the strikes to get my light level up to 365. A few people on my friends list are already in the 380's. Losers.

Originally Posted by Leonard
Found out blue engrams max at 340
Actually blue engrams can max out at 365 but they only drop from the end boss in the Siva Heroic Strike playlist.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2016, 12:02 PM

Actually blue engrams can max out at 365 but they only drop from the end boss in the Siva Heroic Strike playlist.
Yes your right. Haven't played too many Heroic Strikes, maybe one or two. I've been staying in the lower light SIVA strike playlist and the archon's forge public event. It's cool when you have 4-5 players in archon's forge.

I should grind a few heroic strikes tonight or tomorrow as the burn type is solar and I'm a Titan Sunbreaker.

I also want to run through the crucible maps in private to get the dead ghosts in them.
( Last edited by Leonard; Oct 3, 2016 at 04:07 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 3, 2016, 04:13 PM

First Iron Banner for Destiny: Rise of Iron starts tomorrow. That should speed up the light levelling. So far I'm only at 353. Of course they changed it a bit because of the whiners. They removed the tempering - I liked the tempering. I used to save cashing out all my golden 750 Rep bounties to Sunday.

I guess I'll have to see if the changes work or not.

I usually ran with 2 characters during Iron Banner and had no problem getting both to rank 5.

edit: one other item. Bungie is damn stingy on those skeleton keys, even on heroic strikes.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2016, 03:03 AM

Light level cap was increased to 400. I'm currently sitting at 384. That should be enough to play the raid on hard mode. Speaking of the the raid, this group did a speed run in under 21 minutes. That is impressive.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2016, 01:35 PM

Festival of the Lost begins on Tuesday. My favorite time of year when it comes to Destiny.

I really want that ghost costume for my ghost.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2016, 02:39 PM

Yes, it's festival of the Lost time, again.

That mask for the ghost does look cool.

Hopefully I can get into a raid this week or weekend, now that I'm at 380 light.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2016, 06:34 PM

Broomstick Sparrows!!! Bungie I love you.

I'm still working on that ghost costume for my Ghost.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2016, 11:05 AM

Yes I got the broomstick.

I had this consumable thing that gave me a big eyeball for a head which was really cool.

As for the ghost ghost, from what I've seen on YouTube, you have to buy festival of the lost treasure to get a chance to get it. You get one festival of the lost treasure at the end of the quest from Eva. I'm not buying festival of the lost treasure. I did buy the thriller Dance emote, tho.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2017, 03:06 AM

This is actually quite amazing. Some dude used The Dab emote to avoid the hunter's golden gun.

P.S. - I looked up the user smhzahir on PSN. Was hoping his profile picture would be this.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2017, 03:05 PM

That was cool Stogie!

Thanks for posting it. Must have pissed off the shooter.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2017, 05:15 PM

Round up the troops! I'm guessing beta access will be at the end of May / beginning of June.

Forum Links
Forum Rules