Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Hardest acheivement

Hardest acheivement
KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009, 07:37 PM

Seriously. What's the hardest achievement you've earned that you're most proud of? There are a lot out there, but for me it was completing "Heart of the Reich" on veteran difficulty on Call of Duty: World At War. I literally died like 1818347834 times and spent over 5 hours trying to beat that damn level! If you've played the game you'll know what I'm talking about.

So what's yours?

klb5090
Mac Elite
May 2, 2009, 09:50 PM

Key To The City - 100% Game Completion GTA IV

No question.

Andy8
Mac Elite
May 3, 2009, 09:50 AM

Not touching my xbox 360 for almost 5 months was mine

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Seriously. What's the hardest achievement you've earned that you're most proud of? There are a lot out there, but for me it was completing "Heart of the Reich" on veteran difficulty on Call of Duty: World At War. I literally died like 1818347834 times and spent over 5 hours trying to beat that damn level! If you've played the game you'll know what I'm talking about.

So what's yours?
No thanks. I had a hard enough time beating that level on easy. I think the achievement I'm most proud of is my 2 for 1 laser kill on Halo 3. But that may soon be replaced by the Overkill achievement if I ever get it. I've been trying for weeks now but to no avail.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post

Key To The City - 100% Game Completion GTA IV

No question.
Did it twice. I acheived 100% before Sony added the trophy system and Rockstar uploaded the patch. I have all the solo trophies and am slowing working on the online ones

As far as COD:World at War, I was stoked when I finally got to Just made 1st Lt. last night. I hate to try it on "Nightmare" let alone on solo "Veteran", which is required for the trophies
45/47

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 11:31 AM

Tough question. I automatically have to discount stuff which is just time consuming, or I used a guide to complete. Multiplayer achievements are probably the hardest given the randomness of it all. So I suppose a pair of GOW2 achievements are it.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2009, 12:36 PM

Same for me. Either an achievement is way to hard (like all golds in Portal challenges) or requires online play with people that don't exist (like FEAR, yeah, I'm going to get 10 thousand kills online against the one other person actually playing it)

I'd say the most time and effort put in would be my 'Unlocked All costumes' in DOA4. Considering most of the babes have 20+ costumes it certainly took some effort.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 03:55 PM

When my WoW guild completed Naxxramas before TBC expansion came out.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 03:59 PM

Not that I object, but it appears the OP was unclear he was referring to xbox gamerscore achievements.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 04:36 PM

I never got 100% in GTA4 (something like 98.4% or something similarly ridiculous), but I would say the hardest/most annoying was getting all of the pigeons. Which I thought would put me to 100%, but it didn't. And I never found out what I was missing to get that 1.6%.

Goddamn stupid pigeons.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I never got 100% in GTA4 (something like 98.4% or something similarly ridiculous), but I would say the hardest/most annoying was getting all of the pigeons. Which I thought would put me to 100%, but it didn't. And I never found out what I was missing to get that 1.6%.

Goddamn stupid pigeons.
What'd I do?!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

klb5090
Mac Elite
May 4, 2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post

Goddamn stupid pigeons.
DId you get all the random encounters? all the blue stick figures on your map?

I feel like i haven't replied to maroma in years

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2009, 07:27 PM

I believe I did get all of the random encounters.. I even had a cheat sheet showing what all is needed to reach 100% and in my head I got everything, but in reality I obviously didn't. I've given up though, since they didn't bother to put in any sort of indicator letting you know what you have left to do to reach 100%. That gives me a slight case of nerd rage.

As for you olePigeon... I do not hold you responsible for the torments of virtual poop your brethren dropped on me. But know this, I will never look at a pigeon the same way again. (that's probably a good thing)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
Not that I object, but it appears the OP was unclear he was referring to xbox gamerscore achievements.
f*** that, I don't have an Xbox and I'm joining the conversation!

Besides, clearing a challenging raid instance is much tougher than any single person game. It's like herding cats... big, stupid cats.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2009, 12:29 AM

Yeah, just ask Leroy Jenkins.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules