Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gay roommates

Gay roommates (Page 3)
phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ulrich Kinbote
Is it just me, or would this be a stronger argument if you mentioned that Jean smokes pot?
Let me clarify, Jean is Ambush if that makes it any clearer.

And no, stwain, I would have to say that objectively speaking, not having tried pot (especially at your age) is, um, not as great of a feat as writing thousands of lines of code and creating a pretty popular shareware Mac app.

Btw, link to said article in iCreate: View here

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
This thread is reallllly pissing me off. Ambush, to be frank, you are the stupidest person on this forum. You know the first sign of not liking someone is not telling them where you can get weed. What jackasses they are. You should be thankful for them not telling you because you are stupid for doing it. Pot users have been so brnainwashed into thinking its okay it scares the crap outta me. It IS in fact bad for your health, as it gives you horrible respiratory symptoms later on. It makes you slow and stupid. You don't recognize it because you are the slow and stupid one. Also, darthvader or whatever his name is is correct. thanks!!
Originally Posted by stwain2003
yes, i DID accomplish more than him. im only 14 and i have! i haven't smoked pot!!

Anyway, that's what I was doing at 14: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,51586,00.html

Dude, I think you have much to learn (and so do I), but I just can't be angry at you. I remember what it's like to be 14.

Someone lock this thread.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ambush

Anyway, that's what I was doing at 14: http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,51586,00.html

Dude, I think you have much to learn (and so do I), but I just can't be angry at you. I remember what it's like to be 14.

Someone lock this thread.
Was that link actually you four years ago??

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2006, 06:45 PM

^ Yes.

Anyone curious about drugs should visit http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

They have
1) Experience vaults, where all kinds of people describe their experiences with psychoactives
2) Clear, not-nearly-as-biased-as-government-propaganda information on drugs
3) Dosage, warnings, etc.

Heck, Steve Jobs took LSD and called it one of the most important life experience. And I'm pretty much sure Woz and him were the biggest pot-heads.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2006, 07:00 PM

haha that little punk was put in his place

anyways ambush I remember you posted about this trip to France a while back, I didn't know that you'd go through with it. Bravo, I hope you're having a good time. How long will you be staying in Paris? And what are you doing to make money?

(hopefully this thread can get back to the topic at hand, living in Paris)

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jun 26, 2006, 01:50 AM

Sounds to me as though the gayness has nothing to do with it, per se. If they were straight, they'd just find some other thing to be weird about. This thread should be titled "Antisocial roommates"!

tooki

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
haha that little punk was put in his place

anyways ambush I remember you posted about this trip to France a while back, I didn't know that you'd go through with it. Bravo, I hope you're having a good time. How long will you be staying in Paris? And what are you doing to make money?

(hopefully this thread can get back to the topic at hand, living in Paris)
I'm staying 2.5 months, trying to find a job as a waiter or something.

If anyone has a job for me in Paris... IM me
Don't worry, I can work legally in Europe.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 07:57 AM

Update: having a blast with roommates very fun... smoking & drinking

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 07:59 AM

having a blast with roomates now.. smoking & drinking.. tons of fun+ good music... yay

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 10:20 AM

My girlfriend and I found the coolest appartment (in colocation) in Paris. It's in Montmartre, the building is beautiful and chic, the appt itself is perfect, everything is in good condition, etc. the price was also convincing. And the roommates looked like cool, young persons.

It's been a week now.

And we have yet to spend more than 5 minutes talking to the roommates.

They are gay and for that reason, they have NO interest whatsoever in straight persons. It really sucks. We tried to speak to them, but they really don't want to speak to us. It's ****ing annoying. We're also stoners (I told them). I even asked them where I could get some weed, but they never helped us (how low is that?)

It's my first co-location. I thought roommates should know eachothers and that friendship would easily develop (come on, one guy is a mac user, we pretty much have the same age and the same interests/opinion.)

But since we're not homosexual, they are just ignoring us. And it's making our stay pretty... annoying.
How did you get a work permit for France? I can't believe it I would love to live in Europe and I just loved Paris.

Unlike you I did not have any problems with the Parisiens.

You watched too many movies and tv; roomates are not necessarily budies. If you have some problems with food and beers; leave them a bill on the fridge door; if they are not willing to pay tell them not to eat and drink are yours.

Really, you are in one of the most beautiful and interesting city in the world and you want to get drunk and stone, explains this one for me; would you??

They are not ignoring you because you are straight; did you check your attitude at the door? Did you take the time to study how the French live?

I just finished reading your link, I understand the attitude you are only 18 and do not know much yet; I kind of knew that you were very young since you have a double last name and a double first name. You will see what I mean when you get to be in your 40's.
( Last edited by Monique; Jun 26, 2006 at 10:29 AM. )

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Jun 26, 2006, 10:36 AM

They are gay and for that reason, they have NO interest whatsoever in straight persons.
These type of gay guys are rare but highly annoying. No convincing them, just move out.

"Hello, what have we here?

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 10:48 AM

Update: well now one of the roommates (was away in another country) is back, and she invited us for a supper together. It's the first time I'll get to eat with them.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 10:52 AM

Don't worry, I can work legally in Europe.
So, how did you swing that one?

And are you sure you mean "Europe", not "France"?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
So, how did you swing that one?

And are you sure you mean "Europe", not "France"?
Being 1/4 Italian, I was allowed to get my citizenship (after many visits to the consulat, lots of money and paperwork) and my euro passport, which allows me to work legally in what they call the "schengen zone" (sp?), which France is part of.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 11:04 AM

Being 1/4 Italian, I was allowed to get my citizenship (after many visits to the consulat, lots of money and paperwork) and my euro passport, which allows me to work legally in what they call the "schengen zone" (sp?), which France is part of.
Arh, right. Sweet.

If you have Italian citizenship, you should be able to work in all 25 member states, not just the ones signed to Schengen.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 01:02 PM

But then again you're a bisexual misfit with borderline schizophrenic perversions
If you say so.

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ulrich Kinbote
P.P.S.

My wife just passed me and saw I was replying to a "Gay roommates" thread. That should keep her on her toes.
LMAO

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 06:33 PM

Yesterday night was a blast!

We smoked, we drank... it was all good.

It turns out only ONE roommate (the frustrated lesbian) is not social.
The others are really, really cool.

yay!

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 26, 2006, 07:10 PM

So in other words, you were being insecure, and knee-jerked about the whole thing.

Great.

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 07:12 PM

why is she frustrated?

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 26, 2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
So in other words, you were being insecure, and knee-jerked about the whole thing.

Great.
That kinda sums it up!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
why is she frustrated?
At a guess, it's because she can't find a proper Englishman to put her right.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2006, 10:17 AM

It turns out only ONE roommate (the frustrated lesbian) is not social.
The others are really, really cool.

yay!
Trust me the lesbo's are always the angry unsociable ones. They gay guys like to party.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Landos Mustache
Trust me the lesbo's are always the angry unsociable ones. They gay guys like to party.
I hate people that make generalizations...they're all the same.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 27, 2006, 11:39 AM

Great.
End of thread.

(Kevin, you just about summed up 99.235% of all of ambush's posts.)

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 27, 2006, 12:12 PM

Ambush, so far in Paris (one of the greatest city in Europe), you bought weed, beer, you got drunk, and stone. But, did you even walk along the Seine, look at the beautiful architecture. What you have done so far is the same thing you have done in Quebec; you should have stayed there for a lot less money.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by darth-vader000
I know the diff its actually pretty easy, an addict is one who knows he has a problem (either recovering or not) a drug user is someone who is denial and thinks doing drugs is ok and can quit when ever he(or she) wants to but the funny thing is they never do (or cannot because they're addicted)

That's over-simplifying.

I personally draw the line at coffee and beer but I know a lot of people who are occasional smokers without being addicted to weed.

Ambush, Parisians can be a pain in the arse. I remember taking my girlfriend to Paris for a weekend. I had booked a room in a nice little hotel near the Marais. The conversation went like this:

"Hi, we've booked a room for the weekend, my name is xxxx"

"Monsieur, I cannot find your reservation."

"But I booked it last week."

"Impossible Monsieur, it is not here. There is no reservation."

"Well do you have a room available and never mind the reservation?"

"No Monsieur, we are fully booked."

"Could it be that you're fully booked because one of the rooms in this hotel has been booked my me? And before you say anything that will get you fired from your lousy job, here's the fax I received from you, confirming my reservation. Now, is there a room for us or do we call the manager?"

"Ohhhh, Monsieur, here is your reservation. I am soooo sorry, I must have missed it when I was first looking...."

Paris.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 27, 2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
Ambush, so far in Paris (one of the greatest city in Europe), you bought weed, beer, you got drunk, and stone. But, did you even walk along the Seine, look at the beautiful architecture. What you have done so far is the same thing you have done in Quebec; you should have stayed there for a lot less money.
Yes, I have.

It,s also not my first visit here, it's the third time I come.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 27, 2006, 04:15 PM

As far as the addiction thing goes…not having withdrawal symptoms means nothing when it comes to pot. Many people don't. generally after 6-8 weeks depression starts in (severity of which varies greatly among users) and can sometimes be severe. With the absence of other withdrawal symptoms however, the connection between the pot and the depression is usually overlooked.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 27, 2006, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader
End of thread.

(Kevin, you just about summed up 99.235% of all of ambush's posts.)
Eh, atleast he admitted that is what happened. It's a start.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush
As far as the addiction thing goes…not having withdrawal symptoms means nothing when it comes to pot. Many people don't. generally after 6-8 weeks depression starts in (severity of which varies greatly among users) and can sometimes be severe. With the absence of other withdrawal symptoms however, the connection between the pot and the depression is usually overlooked.
Personally i have never shown any signs of withdrawal from pot.

The worst thing that has ever happened is if I do too much I get barfy for a few hours.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 27, 2006, 07:29 PM

Eh, atleast he admitted that is what happened. It's a start.
I invite you to guess why I never want to contradict you.

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 27, 2006, 07:37 PM

Those dishes aren't gonna wash themselves.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 27, 2006, 07:51 PM

I know, I just did them. The shroom tea was excellent ^_^

Aller les BLEUS!

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 10:39 AM

I know, I just did them. The shroom tea was excellent ^_^

Aller les BLEUS!
I am just totally curious why are you in France? You do not seem to like the people, you do not seem to be a culture young guy, you have visited it 2 times before, you like to drink and smoke dope (which you could do in Quebec for a fraction of the price)??

I know why I would love to be in France, especially Paris. But, do not understand why you want to be there.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 10:46 AM

I am just totally curious why are you in France? You do not seem to like the people, you do not seem to be a culture young guy, you have visited it 2 times before, you like to drink and smoke dope (which you could do in Quebec for a fraction of the price)??

I know why I would love to be in France, especially Paris. But, do not understand why you want to be there.
I really feel sorry for Monique.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 10:49 AM

I really feel sorry for Monique.
You have not answered my question. It is almost 5:00 pm what are you doing on your computer? Do you like history? Do you like architecture? Paris is such a huge city, there are probably lots of places you have not been to? Why are you in Paris?

Railroader
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 11:26 AM

He thinks he's French.

Railroader
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 11:27 AM

You have not answered my question. It is almost 5:00 pm what are you doing on your computer? Do you like history? Do you like architecture? Paris is such a huge city, there are probably lots of places you have not been to? Why are you in Paris?
He'd rather insult us on the internet then experience Paris. You be the judge.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 11:37 AM

Monique: I'm trying to find a job on my computer. I'm here for 2 months, I have the time to do what I want. And for your info, I have visited the main attractions, already. I'm not here as a tourist, I'm here as an euro citizen, looking for a job and working for my software development company and enjoying Paris and parisians at the same time. This is my summer. If you're not happy with it you can go to hell.

I'm sick and tired of your menopaused-50something-I-can't-go-to-paris-so-i'll-****-on-his-head attitude.

Why are you in Paris?
I'm here to make you **** in your pants with jealousy and envy.
( Last edited by ambush; Jun 28, 2006 at 07:44 PM. )

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2006, 01:41 PM

You know Ambush, you can be such a complete ass. She was trying to engage you in conversation. She was trying to encourage you to get out and see the wonderful things there are to do and see in Paris. Try answering the questions she asked (without being nasty), talk about what you've seen and done in Paris, and the rest of us might join in and talk about our experiences or some such nonsense. The thread might even become enjoyable to read.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 02:01 PM

Railroader, you're a fat ____, what are you doing on your computer?
You're a jobless ____, why are you not trying to find a job?

Monique: I'm trying to find a job on my computer. I'm here for 2 months, I have the time to do what I want. And for your info, I have visited the main attractions, already. I'm not here as a tourist, I'm here as an euro citizen, looking for a job and working for my software development company and enjoying Paris and parisians at the same time. This is my summer. If you're not happy with it you can go to hell.

I'm sick and tired of your menopaused-50something-I-can't-go-to-paris-so-i'll-****-on-his-head attitude.

I'm here to make you **** in your pants with jealousy and envy.
That is so sad that the only reason you are in Europe is to rub it in. Me I would prefer to see the sights over and over again; to go in a park like the Jardins de Luxembourg, make a garden with flowers that can grow in a climate like Paris not in Canada.

Well you can go back to your computer and I will look at the pictures I took when I was in Paris.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
You know Ambush, you can be such a complete ass. She was trying to engage you in conversation. She was trying to encourage you to get out and see the wonderful things there are to do and see in Paris. Try answering the questions she asked (without being nasty), talk about what you've seen and done in Paris, and the rest of us might join in and talk about our experiences or some such nonsense. The thread might even become enjoyable to read.
I didn't get that from reading it. She seemed to be telling him that he is a loser for doing drugs and not admiring the tourist sites.

And she seems really jealous.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2006, 02:58 PM

Paris is actually further north than many cities in Canada. There's little that grows in Paris that you can't grow in Montreal.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
Paris is actually further north than many cities in Canada. There's little that grows in Paris that you can't grow in Montreal.
This is not true; you should see the flowers they have in their gardens and the lilacs are so much bigger than the one in Canada and spring comes earlier than in Canada.

Of course I am jelous I want to live in a country like France because I love the culture, the good manners, the food, the culture (the incredible museums, the architecture, the incredible beautiful classical music), the history, the pride they have in their country (not comparing themselves to others all the time), their humanity.... A person like me would never spend 2 minutes on a computer if I were living in Paris unless it would be my job. It is unfair that I have to live in hell and him who hates France and the culture can live there for over 2 months.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2006, 05:55 PM

That is good advice Monique. As much as the French dislike me, I'd try to make the most out of living in Paris.

Ambush is only 18 or so(is that right?) so I wouldn't call him uncultured. He's just a kid. Most guys his age don't have the initiative to move to a new continent, so that speaks for itself.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2006, 06:01 PM

… you bought weed, beer, you got drunk, and stone.
Hey, all he needs to do now is get laid and I'd say he's making the most of his trip.

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Jun 28, 2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kr0nos
Hey, all he needs to do now is get laid and I'd say he's making the most of his trip.
Haha but he is with his girlfriend

ambush  (op)
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 07:01 PM

Wow Monique, there's something wrong with you... I can't put my finger on it.

Is it what they call a mid-life crisis?

Oh and here are my photos.. at least a very, very, very small selection of them.

http://flickr.com/photos/88897761@N00/sets/1208891/

Railroader
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 08:19 PM

Railroader, you're a fat ____, what are you doing on your computer?
You're a jobless ____, why are you not trying to find a job?
HA HA HA HA!!! You're jealous. How cute.

Forum Links
Forum Rules