Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Renaming files

Renaming files
cak1999
Jul 24, 1999, 07:15 PM

Does anyone know how i can rename my files? if so please let me know by e-mailing me at [email protected]

marc
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 1999, 08:22 PM

Cak,

Point your mouse at the name of the file you want to change. Click once and do not move the mouse. A box will appear around the name of the file with the
old name highlighted. Type in the new name of the file, and then click the mouse pointer anywhere outside the box. The editing box will disappear, and the
file will be renamed.

I assume you are a new Mac user as this is a very basic question (although the answer is not obvious). Pressing the HELP key on your keyboard, or selecting
Mac OS Help from the HELP menu in the Finder brings up the help screen which will answer questions like this. There are also many good iMac books
which not only explain the operating system but also show you how to use the software which is bundled with most Apple computers.

Have fun. I hope this helps. I am posting this reply, as well as emailing it to you, so you won�t get 100 answers to your question... Marc

cak1999
Jul 24, 1999, 09:22 PM

thanx marc

Forum Links
Forum Rules