Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Core Computer g4s?

Core Computer g4s?
horrorbiz
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 22, 2003, 02:54 AM

Does anyone have any opinions or information on those Core Computer G4's?

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2003, 08:38 PM

What's the link to their site again? I'm looking for it...

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
May 10, 2003, 02:11 AM

I'm probably going to get one soon. I'll report back if I get it.

doublep
Forum Regular
May 10, 2003, 09:14 AM

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.2khappyware.com/corecrib.html

Is it legit?

I am very interested.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 10, 2003, 02:46 PM

anyone know what kind of case that thing uses(brand i mean)?

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2003, 03:29 PM

Those are some very decent prices... *waiting for a report*

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 12, 2003, 08:33 PM

So no one knows what kind of case that is?

Syphor
May 12, 2003, 08:52 PM

Here is some information regarding the CoreCrib computers:

http://www.insidemacgames.com/features/view.php?ID=227
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,58310,00.html

Somthing Similar:
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/m...411914,00.html

From Apple's EULA for all operating systems since MacOS 8:

Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled or Apple-licensed computer at a time.

Therefore it is perfectly legal to install the MacOS on any Apple labeled or Apple licensed machine. Taking an Apple motherboard out of an Apple labeled machine and putting into non-Apple labeled machine that will be sold for a profit is a clear violation of Apple's property rights and the MacOS licensing agreement.

These Core computers are doing a napster thing, providing you with tools to commite crimes against Apple Computers.

Here is the case:

http://directron.com/02094hl.html

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 12:43 AM

apple has known about this for months...you think they would have contacted him...

TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 02:00 AM

And technically they are not taking the mobo out of an Apple labeled machine. Since they are repair parts, they have never been in a machine. That might be the loophole.

jcadam
Mac Elite
May 13, 2003, 04:30 PM

since the guy seems to be using older mobos (sawtooths, etc.) these probably wouldn't interfere too much with new Powermac sales.

He might be counting on Apple not giving a shyte.
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

horrorbiz  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2003, 09:00 PM

man...... after reading those articles I don't know what to do.
I was planning on paying $300 for G3 800mhz zif for my b&w G3...
........but $500 for a core crib with a g4 800mhz?? Not too mention the AGP slot that I am lacking....

I guess all I really have holding me back is my nice apple casing. Maybe these core cribs won't even work out anyway.

happyware
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2003, 09:57 PM

Hey guys. Let me chime in:
(please don't think this is advertising)

The case used is from AMSelectronics and it's the "gMono" Series.

It has front USB Firewire and AUDIO ports. We have modified the header cables to allow them to plug right into the back of the computer so you can "drag" one of the firewire and 1 or 2 of the USB ports to the front. Not the absolute best solution but nice quick low cost way to get front USB and Firewire on a Mac compatible computer.

The case is very solid (look at the reviews of the case on PC review sites etc for details).

The CoreCrib kit takes the work out of modifying your own kit and allows you to install the easy stuff (processor, harddrive optical drive etc.) We now also have complete kits which have been great for school etc.

It only has 3 fans total all of which are very silent compared to *other* g4 towers even with their fan recall program.

The only downside is our inability to install an OS on the system for you.I think the best way to answer questions is to send you over to the forum

2khappyware.com/forum

fairly active forum with a number of customers who already have their kits.

As far as pricing the G4 800 complete system hits a pretty good price spot. And the 2MB cache makes it faster than similar iMac and eMac that lack cache.

not the solution for everyone out there but certainly not bad having another option =-).

Staatkunde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2003, 11:10 PM

I'm typing this response out on a CoreCrib. I love it. It is a nice solution to Apple's insanely price tower boxes.

Crib is quiet.

Crib is upgradable.

Crib is cheap.

Crib gives you options.

emacs and imacs give you no options. I don't regret buying my Crib for a minute. I'm hoping this catches on and forces Apple to drop their prices. $1500 for a Power Mac w/ no monitor, there is no way that can compete with a sub $1,000 Dell box. If Apple fixes their hardware problem, people will see OS X as the fantastic OS it is.

If you haven't gotten the impression I like my Crib I'll tell you now, I LIKE IT.

Read my short review: http://weblogs.csbs.uni.edu/core/

-Mark

horrorbiz  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 14, 2003, 01:21 AM

Thanks for the input on the core crip I am seriously debating getting one.

But as for a new powermac competing with a dell.. that's just ridiculous we are talking about a dell here.. windows?

jcadam
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 02:05 AM

Funny, brand new members showing up to praise the CoreCrib......
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

Staatkunde
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 2003, 09:45 AM

The owner of Core stuck a post in the CoreCrib forums. Some of us that post there regularly decided to come over to MacNN and post our thoughts about the project.

If you want to debate the CoreCrib box fine, but mudslinging shouldn't be part of that debate.
-Mark

subego
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Syphor:
From Apple's EULA for all operating systems since MacOS 8:

Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled or Apple-licensed computer at a time.

Therefore it is perfectly legal to install the MacOS on any Apple labeled or Apple licensed machine. Taking an Apple motherboard out of an Apple labeled machine and putting into non-Apple labeled machine that will be sold for a profit is a clear violation of Apple's property rights and the MacOS licensing agreement.

These Core computers are doing a napster thing, providing you with tools to commite crimes against Apple Computers.

Originally posted by happyware:
The only downside is our inability to install an OS on the system for you.
Hmmm...

euphras
Mac Elite
May 17, 2003, 03:08 PM

Quote:
"Originally posted by happyware:
The only downside is our inability to install an OS on the system for you."

So, basically, if you look at Apple�s EULA and put it in context with the quotation above, it seems that the enduser, who buys a Mac OS and installs it on a Corecrib can be sued by Apple legals.......not good

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

terrancew_hod
Forum Regular
May 17, 2003, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by euphras:
Quote:
"Originally posted by happyware:
The only downside is our inability to install an OS on the system for you."

So, basically, if you look at Apple�s EULA and put it in context with the quotation above, it seems that the enduser, who buys a Mac OS and installs it on a Corecrib can be sued by Apple legals.......not good
If they even bother, like the legals will hunt down the poor end user. Legals have bigger fish to fry than waste their efforts on that. If the word even got out, it would probably be a PR nightmare. They more likely would be (on the down-low) be happy to get another OS X sale.

digi-j
May 18, 2003, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by happyware:
It has front USB Firewire and AUDIO ports.
yeah, and they are NOT connected unless you pay extra.

The case is very solid (look at the reviews of the case on PC review sites etc for details).
Look closely at the pics. There is a gaping hole in the back where you plug your mouse, keyboard, speakers etc. Because the Apple mainboard doesn't actually fit in a PC case. It is a serious FCC violation to have open holes in computer cases, especially around connectors.

It only has 3 fans total all of which are very silent compared to *other* g4 towers even with their fan recall program.
Wow, inferior in every way except noise level!

The only downside is our inability to install an OS on the system for you. I think the best way to answer questions is to send you over to the forum
Only downside? Hmmm.... here's a list.

1. The only person reported to have bought one and posted pics said it cost him $775 + $129 for Jaguar to get it to the point of a fully functional computer, yet for about $900 the specs were far from impressive.

2. Where does the mainboard come from? It's used/refurbished. Where does the power supply come from? It is a hacked PC power supply.

3. Warranty. It sucks.

4. Service. Sucks. Is there a 24 hour 1-800 number to call? Is there a store or service center I can drop it off at? No. Couldn't begin to compare with a true Apple, which is ranked #1. Instead you get to post on forum if something goes wrong with the 'crib'. What a joke.

4. Resale value. Apple computers sell for big $$$ despite being years old on eBay.

5. Expandability. That PC case doesn't come anywhere near the PowerMac case. And the mainboard is ATA-66. I'll say it again- it's also an illegal FCC violation and potentially dangerous... you reach around back while it's running to plug in your iPod and instead you stick your hand in the huge hole and touch the MB. oops!

6. The 'crib' doesn't support hard drives larger than 120 GB.

7. The 'crib' is only AGP 2X and doesn't support ADC video cards (see hacked power supply)

8. No DDR!

9. No firewire 800! Many firewire 800 accessories are already on the market.

10. No airport extreme.

11. No education discount.

12. Horrible cabling job. Given the new standard in rounded cables and clean wiring inside both Macs and PCs, the inside of a 'crib' is just a mess.

13. True Apple parts and cases can be found on eBay for less.

Should I go on? I think you get the point.

As far as pricing the G4 800 complete system hits a pretty good price spot. And the 2MB cache makes it faster than similar iMac and eMac that lack cache.
Where are the benchmarks?! According to 2khappyware.com, the corecrib is "as fast or faster" than $2000-$3000 PowerMacs. You should delete that LIE immediately. That is false advertising and it is illegal. Funny how the website only compaires the 'crib' to the PowerMac in performance, yet posts around here take a big step back and compare it to the eMac. Where are the legit reviews of the Core Crib? All I've seen is some college kid made a blog and he likes to spam forums with it... hmmmm....

terrancew_hod
Forum Regular
May 18, 2003, 12:18 PM

You again? I guess you had to take two days off to figure out more ways to stir up more junk.

Originally posted by digi-j:
yeah, and they are NOT connected unless you pay extra.
It doesn't cost extra to have these connected. The case he offers allows you to connect the USB and other ports to the fron of the case.

Look closely at the pics. There is a gaping hole in the back where you plug your mouse, keyboard, speakers etc. Because the Apple mainboard doesn't actually fit in a PC case. It is a serious FCC violation to have open holes in computer cases, especially around connectors.

If that's true, it would be for a case manufacturer. Most people who build their own PCs have the side panels off; so those people that will buy this machine already know's this (check the corecrib forum) so it doesn't matter. If you don't like this, don't buy it. This machine is not for everyone, so it comes down to a matter of choice.

Wow, inferior in every way except noise level!

Only thing I will say about this is, if you want to make an argument, let's keep it objective. Anything less and it lessens it impact.

Only downside? Hmmm.... here's a list.

Another list? If anyone want to do themselves a favor, avoid this and go to this thread. For anyone that want to brave this, go on.

1. The only person reported to have bought one and posted pics said it cost him $775 + $129 for Jaguar to get it to the point of a fully functional computer, yet for about $900 the specs were far from impressive.

Not everyone that buys the machine feels the need to have it posted anywhere. When you received your first machine, did you post pictures? Also the guy said he was happy with what he had, so it's a matter a choice. If you don't like the specs, I would expect you to get one. I've noted on the previous posts that you should probably price your machine around an emac/imac price range, this way you'll see the value and get the L3 cache these machines don't have and the expandability to swap processors drives and add internal cards.

2. Where does the mainboard come from? It's used/refurbished. Where does the power supply come from? It is a hacked PC power supply.

They use the Giga-Ethernet board. These boards are in good supply. If you wanted to do a similar project what type of board are you think you're gonna get? If you get a board from ebay, or a older Powermac, isn't that used? It may even be refurbished. 'Nuff said. If you checked the current web page (Which you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't bring these inaccuracies into your post), they now use apple power supplies that are ADC compatible.

3. Warranty. It sucks.

Instead of saying what you think it is, how about describing it first? The machine comes with a 90-day warranty. Also there is a support forum available.

If someone is building a machine (especially in a PC world), a lot of warranties are for 14-day (for the processor) and no warranty to 1yr depending on where you get the parts. If you buy a refurbished mac, how much of a warranty are you getting with that, 90-days if you're lucky. If you get it from ebay; no warranty. Now putting it in context, it pretty standard.

4. Service. Sucks. Is there a 24 hour 1-800 number to call? Is there a store or service center I can drop it off at? No. Couldn't begin to compare with a true Apple, which is ranked #1. Instead you get to post on forum if something goes wrong with the 'crib'. What a joke.

4. Resale value. Apple computers sell for big $$$ despite being years old on eBay.

You've already went over these in the in a previous post and it didn't fly there either. This a bare bones building kit, not a full-fledged computer company, so it shouldn't be compared as such. It's a small operation so you shouldn't expect expect all these options. But then he's not offering these machines at $2600+ to give you a service center and a 1-800 number either.

It also is no big secret that apples have good resale value. But once again, if I want to buy a used or refurbished mac, do I want to pay almost new prices for it? Especially when you have to add to that cost to buy an updated processor and more memory? I think not. I like the fact that I can put together a machine for less and get what I want on it without having to sell the stuff I had to replace on ebay.

5. Expandability. That PC case doesn't come anywhere near the PowerMac case. And the mainboard is ATA-66. I'll say it again- it's also an illegal FCC violation and potentially dangerous... you reach around back while it's running to plug in your iPod and instead you stick your hand in the huge hole and touch the MB. oops!

digi-j,digi-j,digi-j...you should have done yourself a favor and stopped while you were just making opinions. All you have to do to disprove this is put a picture of the power mac and pc case together. The PC case has front panels for how many drives? 4 and and Mac? 2. Open it up and look inside how many hard drives can you put in? If you want to put an internal zip drive in a power mac can you? If I want to plug a firewire cable into the front can I? What's more expandable again? Let me hear you say it...PC.

6. The 'crib' doesn't support hard drives larger than 120 GB.

This is a limitation of most power macs...can be remedied with a ATA 100-133 pci card or a firewire case. I'm repeating myself again I said this when I picked apart your last post.

7. The 'crib' is only AGP 2X and doesn't support ADC video cards (see hacked power supply)

True. But the 'crib' now has an apple supply and supports ADC. Also the crib has AGP 2X. Now how many apple cards require 4x AGP? None. How many 4x cards for the mac are there? 2--the Geforce 4 (and the MX) for $300-400 and the ATI 9700 which you can't get unless you buy a new top-of-the line Power Mac. And the Geforce 4 works on the crib.

Moot point and nitpicking at best.

8. No DDR!

9. No firewire 800! Many firewire 800 accessories are already on the market.

10. No airport extreme.

11. No education discount.

Already covered in the other post.

12. Horrible cabling job. Given the new standard in rounded cables and clean wiring inside both Macs and PCs, the inside of a 'crib' is just a mess.

Since you have to supply the cables for the kit (unless you buy the complete package), any cabling is up to you. If you cable them horribly, well...

13. True Apple parts and cases can be found on eBay for less.
False. And they are in short supply and you have to bid on them and hopefully you might get it...

Should I go on? I think you get the point.

Yeah, I get the point. I won't say what I think it is though. This is the second time I've had to pick apart one you your rantings. Please do your homework. In fact, what is really your angle on all of this? You've been accusatory and negative about the whole thing. If you don't like it, you've said you're peace; move on. Gently push away from the keyboard...you really don't have anything new to say to find so something else to do.

People, if you really want to know about this project, do yourself a favor go to the forums at 2khappyware.com, register and post your questions there. Take a look a some of the postings, they should answer most of your questions. This way you can get a more objective view on the whole thing and decide whether this is right for you or not. It is not for everyone. But at least you should be able to decide with the right information instead of inconsistent rantings.

Listening to this guy is doing yourself a disservice and wasting your time.

Terrance
( Last edited by terrancew_hod; May 18, 2003 at 12:28 PM. )

digi-j
May 18, 2003, 05:57 PM

In not one of my points did you prove me wrong. You only made yourself look more foolish by proving my points. Since I am bored, this will be fun for me to do.

I gave a list that showed how the CoreCrib is worse than a PowerMac.

Originally posted by terrancew_hod:
It doesn't cost extra to have these connected. The case he offers allows you to connect the USB and other ports to the fron of the case.
Running an extension cord from the back of the case, through the illegal FCC violation of a hole, to the front is hardly an advantage.

Most people who build their own PCs have the side panels off
are you stupid? People don't have gaping holes where the vital and fragile USB and other port connections are. This is NOT about the side panel, it is about the rear panel.

Not everyone that buys the machine feels the need to have it posted anywhere...
You are sidestepping the issue. NOT ONE reputable publication has shown a review of the Core Crib.[/quote]

I've noted on the previous posts that you should probably price your machine around an emac/imac price range, this way you'll see the value and get the L3 cache these machines don't have and the expandability to swap processors drives and add internal cards.
CoreCrib is directly compaired to the high-end PowerMacs on their website, not the eMac or iMac. Again, you change the criteria when it suits you.

They use the Giga-Ethernet board. These boards are in good supply. If you wanted to do a similar project what type of board are you think you're gonna get?
You are talking for no reason. I said the parts are inferior, and they are. Why do you bother responding?

they now use apple power supplies that are ADC compatible.
"compatible" means they are a hacked PC power supply. Are they licensed to do this? No.

Instead of saying what you think it is, how about describing it first? The machine comes with a 90-day warranty. Also there is a support forum available.
a 90 day warranty is crap. worse than crap. and a support forum?! BIG DEAL! Again, you back-up my list. Thank you.

If someone is building a machine (especially in a PC world), a lot of warranties are for 14-day (for the processor) and no warranty to 1yr depending on where you get the parts. If you buy a refurbished mac, how much of a warranty are you getting with that, 90-days if you're lucky. If you get it from ebay; no warranty. Now putting it in context, it pretty standard.
STOP LYING!!! A refurbished Mac comes with 1 year of Apple care, which you can extend to 3 years. A new Pentium 4 CPU comes with a THREE YEAR WARRANTY! NOT 14 DAYS YOU LIAR!

This a bare bones building kit, not a full-fledged computer company, so it shouldn't be compared as such.
hey, it's core computers saying it is "faster than a $3000 PowerMac" which is a LIE. I am here to counter their LIES.

It's a small operation so you shouldn't expect expect all these options. But then he's not offering these machines at $2600+ to give you a service center and a 1-800 number either.

digi-j,digi-j,digi-j...you should have done yourself a favor and stopped while you were just making opinions. All you have to do to disprove this is put a picture of the power mac and pc case together. The PC case has front panels for how many drives? 4 and and Mac? 2. Open it up and look inside how many hard drives can you put in? If you want to put an internal zip drive in a power mac can you? If I want to plug a firewire cable into the front can I? What's more expandable again? Let me hear you say it...PC.
OK, this is where I tear you up because you are a complete tool. The PowerMac case holds FOUR hard drives AND is has the connectors on the mainboard. The CoreCrib can only connect two, regardless of the PC case it's in! Want to put a zip drive in a new PowerMac? Go buy one from apple.com and it comes with a nice mirrored face plate. Want to get into the case? Pull a lever and it lays open with easy access to the mainboard with no cables in the way. The inside of the coreCrib is a damn mess of poor cabling and is nowhere near as easy to work in. Thumbscrews are a JOKE compaired to PowerMacs.

This is a limitation of most power macs...can be remedied with a ATA 100-133 pci card or a firewire case. I'm repeating myself again I said this when I picked apart your last post.
And you were wrong AGAIN. I can put a 180+ GB in my PowerMac without having to go buy a PCI card. You really should read more about new PowerMacs- especially when the 'crib' is being compaired to them.

True. But the 'crib' now has an apple supply and supports ADC. Also the crib has AGP 2X. Now how many apple cards require 4x AGP? None. How many 4x cards for the mac are there? 2--the Geforce 4 (and the MX) for $300-400 and the ATI 9700 which you can't get unless you buy a new top-of-the line Power Mac. And the Geforce 4 works on the crib.
Seriously dude, you are a technical moron. How many "require" AGP 4X? Well, AGP cards are meant to be backwards compatible with 2X, duh. Here are some cards that are AGP 4X:

ATi Radeon 9700
ATi Radeon 9000
ATi Radeon 8500
ATi Radeon 7500
nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
nVidia GeForce 4 MX
nVidia GeForce 3 Ti

Since you have to supply the cables for the kit (unless you buy the complete package), any cabling is up to you. If you cable them horribly, well...
judging by the photos at 2khappyware.com, the come cabled horribly out of the box.

False. And they are in short supply and you have to bid on them and hopefully you might get it...
at any given time, there are a half dozen PowerMac cases on eBay (or more) and elsewhere online.

This is the second time I've had to pick apart one you your rantings. Please do your homework.
hahahaha! homework?! back at ya!

the CoreCrib is a piece of crap. It is illegal to operate because of FCC violations. It is illegal to install OS X on it. It lacks over a dozen benefits of buying a new or refurbished PowerMac at little or no savings. The website has blatant lies and false advertising. Not one reputable review has been posted, and clearly happyware people come here to SPAM their product. It is people like me that put things back into perspective.

"CoreComputers" should be simply a 'pc Case-mod' how-to page because it is not a legal or legitimate business.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
May 18, 2003, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by jcadam:
Funny, brand new members showing up to praise the CoreCrib......
The core crib is the best thing ever

There I praised it.. and I'm not a brand new member. If you're so damn suspicious why don't you go and find out for yourself?

The case costs about $100 with everything probably (depending on how good it is) and the motherboard another $150.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

terrancew_hod
Forum Regular
May 18, 2003, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by digi-j:
In not one of my points did you prove me wrong. You only made yourself look more foolish by proving my points. Since I am bored, this will be fun for me to do.

I gave a list that showed how the CoreCrib is worse than a PowerMac.

Running an extension cord from the back of the case, through the illegal FCC violation of a hole, to the front is hardly an advantage.

are you stupid? People don't have gaping holes where the vital and fragile USB and other port connections are. This is NOT about the side panel, it is about the rear panel.

You are sidestepping the issue. NOT ONE reputable publication has shown a review of the Core Crib.

CoreCrib is directly compaired to the high-end PowerMacs on their website, not the eMac or iMac. Again, you change the criteria when it suits you.

You are talking for no reason. I said the parts are inferior, and they are. Why do you bother responding?

"compatible" means they are a hacked PC power supply. Are they licensed to do this? No.

a 90 day warranty is crap. worse than crap. and a support forum?! BIG DEAL! Again, you back-up my list. Thank you.

STOP LYING!!! A refurbished Mac comes with 1 year of Apple care, which you can extend to 3 years. A new Pentium 4 CPU comes with a THREE YEAR WARRANTY! NOT 14 DAYS YOU LIAR!

hey, it's core computers saying it is "faster than a $3000 PowerMac" which is a LIE. I am here to counter their LIES.

It's a small operation so you shouldn't expect expect all these options. But then he's not offering these machines at $2600+ to give you a service center and a 1-800 number either.

OK, this is where I tear you up because you are a complete tool. The PowerMac case holds FOUR hard drives AND is has the connectors on the mainboard. The CoreCrib can only connect two, regardless of the PC case it's in! Want to put a zip drive in a new PowerMac? Go buy one from apple.com and it comes with a nice mirrored face plate. Want to get into the case? Pull a lever and it lays open with easy access to the mainboard with no cables in the way. The inside of the coreCrib is a damn mess of poor cabling and is nowhere near as easy to work in. Thumbscrews are a JOKE compaired to PowerMacs.

And you were wrong AGAIN. I can put a 180+ GB in my PowerMac without having to go buy a PCI card. You really should read more about new PowerMacs- especially when the 'crib' is being compaired to them.

Seriously dude, you are a technical moron. How many "require" AGP 4X? Well, AGP cards are meant to be backwards compatible with 2X, duh. Here are some cards that are AGP 4X:

ATi Radeon 9700
ATi Radeon 9000
ATi Radeon 8500
ATi Radeon 7500
nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4600
nVidia GeForce 4 MX
nVidia GeForce 3 Ti

judging by the photos at 2khappyware.com, the come cabled horribly out of the box.

at any given time, there are a half dozen PowerMac cases on eBay (or more) and elsewhere online.

hahahaha! homework?! back at ya!

the CoreCrib is a piece of crap. It is illegal to operate because of FCC violations. It is illegal to install OS X on it. It lacks over a dozen benefits of buying a new or refurbished PowerMac at little or no savings. The website has blatant lies and false advertising. Not one reputable review has been posted, and clearly happyware people come here to SPAM their product. It is people like me that put things back into perspective.

"CoreComputers" should be simply a 'pc Case-mod' how-to page because it is not a legal or legitimate business.
[/QUOTE]

You know with every new post you dig a bigger hole. Just looking at the long post you are all over the place. From naming video cards that are not available to the mac for retail purchase by end users to warranties on new PCs when I am talking about parts when people build there own PCs. And yes, there are people who run their PCs with their sides off because they are constantly swapping parts, memory and other hardware. If you knew how to build a pc, you would know this and others who build this know this to be true. I can tell you are really struggling with this...and your increaslying hostile tone tells this too.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and find something else to rant about? Besides, I'm not asking anyone to believe me, they can do their homework and find out whether this a good investment for them or not. And I don't think you'll find many people taking your side when you're ranting about stuff that is inconsistent, inaccurate, and flat out not true.

Do your homework, practice your debating skills, control your temper and maybe you'll come out looking and performing better in this discussion than you are now. Maybe someone will try to take your side if you give an objective viewpoint rather than opinionated one.

Better yet, just pull away from the keyboard and turn off the machine until you behave in a manner more becoming in a forum.

Sweet dreams,

Terrance

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
May 18, 2003, 09:05 PM

Try making a new thread when you all can have a nice discussion.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules