Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your Psychotic Behavior

Your Psychotic Behavior
wolfen
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2003, 11:17 AM

Without going into an in-depth discussion of what Psychoticism is...

Strange and bizarre hobbies practiced alone are a type of psychotic behavior.

YOUR PSYCHOSIS: So what hobby or pursuit do you engage in that would seem both eccentric and complete waste of time to most people?

CLINICAL EXAMPLE: One of my Psych professors had a client who was a TV repairman. He came home every night and researched Einstein's theories to prove that Einstein was right and that Quantum Mechanics is flawed. He continues to write long essays on theoretical physics -- a field that cannot possibly be resolved in his lifetime. He did this night after night for many years, without any formal training or experimentation, because he felt compelled.

MINE: Since the age of 10 I have been obsessed with exploring the meaning of life. I'm in my 30's and still looking for hints of it every day.

Your turn...

wolfen
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

iWrite
Professional Poster
Aug 17, 2003, 11:20 AM

Uh, posting at this forum.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2003, 04:48 PM

Keeping a diary and posting online!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2003, 05:16 PM

My psychotic behaviour is that i have none.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2003, 05:22 PM

You know how tolkein created a whole universe in his head that LOTR was based in? I've essentially done the same thing, the only problem is I never really finish writing the book.

I've been playing with the idea for about two years, and about 30% of the time when I'm not doing anything I start thinking of character dialouge or something... it's really frustrating cause if I could ever pen the whole flipping thing it'd be an awsome book with a little spit and polish.

version
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2003, 05:32 PM

I astral project, and have a look at the meaning of life in the hall of records.

And I'm not kidding
A Jew with a view.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 17, 2003, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by version:
I astral project, and have a look at the meaning of life in the hall of records.

And I'm not kidding
Hey, I go to Yetzirah all the time and I've never seen YOU there.

Me?

I blabber strange words, draw odd patterns, and reverse engineer the universe in my spare time. Bizarre enough for ya?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2003, 07:45 PM

If I ever have spare doodle time in class I draw the weirdest symbol like things... they're weird...

version
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2003, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Hey, I go to Yetzirah all the time and I've never seen YOU there.
Lol, I'm usually out trying to impress the ladies, fails me every time
A Jew with a view.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2003, 08:13 PM

My life is Psychotic Behavior.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Aug 17, 2003, 08:42 PM

Languages is mine, I've writen a language as well, well more like 8 languages. I'm in the process of learnng Latin, Anciant Greek, French, Russian, and Anglo-saxon (old english) all at once.

simonjames
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2003, 10:01 PM

Hey - I wouldn't call leanring language psychotic!! I've learned a few over my time - I call it my talent. Some people can play the guitar others can understand women - me, I find learning languages real easy.

So far (but not recently) I have dabbled in French, German, Russian, Swedish, Danish, a bit of Spanish and some Japanese. Would like to try Mandarin or Cantonese next.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2003, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by simonjames:
others can understand women
LIEAR!

no one can understand women! Not even women!

Although I will say that I am one of the few men I've met who can have a conversation with a woman and tell why she gets mad at me and avoid it. Although generally I can do this with guys... the down side is I'm not a manipulative person, I just know how to be. So I remain real about myself, and that often pisses people off haha... not to mention my personality can sometimes rub people the wrong way.

Cipher13
Aug 18, 2003, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
You know how tolkein created a whole universe in his head that LOTR was based in? I've essentially done the same thing, the only problem is I never really finish writing the book.

I've been playing with the idea for about two years, and about 30% of the time when I'm not doing anything I start thinking of character dialouge or something... it's really frustrating cause if I could ever pen the whole flipping thing it'd be an awsome book with a little spit and polish.
And yet, you can't even spell.

Hmm.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2003, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
And yet, you can't even spell.

Hmm.
Spelling is highly overratted, wierd but true.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2003, 08:34 AM

I BEG you:

Please finish up that imaginary universe at home, on paper, rather than continuing to use this forum.

'Cuz, you see, this be the real world - you know, the other kind, where the characters have minds of their own, and everyone else is a protagonist, too.

-s*

Mulattabianca
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2003, 12:02 PM

no one can understand women! Not even women!
true. i don't understand women.
::1 ::2 ::3 ::

Forum Links
Forum Rules