Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Nightmare Of Nightmares!

The Nightmare Of Nightmares!
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2003, 06:16 PM

So I took a nap this afternoon being the responsible college student that I am. And I woke up in a cold sweat why might you ask?

The dream goes I can't remember exactly but, I came back to dorm from somewhere to find that one of the guys in dorm had been using my iBook, he turned to me and handed it back, when I walked back to my room and went to use it I realized the entire bottom and hinge side was scraped up and the plastic was coming off and stuff and I was mortified, I went back to ask what he did, he explained it had hit his belt or something, (remember Dream logic, in dreams belts can be WMDs) so I began to freak out, and I tried to flip the screen open to see if it still worked, and it broke in two! The only things that were running through my mind were, "Oh crap warranty is NOT gona cover this!" So I think I woke up praying hahaha, and then I looked around and did the all to typical, "oh... it was just a dream."

rampant
Banned
Location: permanent resident of the Land of the Easily Aroused
Nov 28, 2003, 06:19 PM

****ing nerd

deekay1
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
S he explained it had hit his belt or something, (remember Dream logic, in dreams belts can be WMDs)
i think you mean "weapons of a$$ destruction" muahahahaa

hedonist, anarchist, agnostic, mac enthusiast and a strong believer in evolution and the yellow m&m conspiracy

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2003, 06:24 PM

This is what guys without a sex life worry about.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Aiglos
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2003, 06:41 PM

My nightmares usually involve me running for my life naked... And I thought I had issues...

rampant
Banned
Nov 28, 2003, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
This is what guys without a sex life worry about.
I always thought that guys without a sex life create unhealthy fixations on people who run e/n websites and forums.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2003, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by rampant:
I always thought that guys without a sex life create unhealthy fixations on people who run e/n websites and forums.
Ya I guess that would explain the BBQ crew.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

rampant
Banned
Nov 28, 2003, 07:01 PM

CLEVER EVASION!!!

quandarry
Nov 28, 2003, 07:06 PM

****ing nerd
mr rampant sir,

you are a very annoying person absolutely devoid of any intellect which you are always anxious to prove.

to attack someone just for the sake of hurting someone without provocation and just because you don't like this person is very cowardly and it only derails the thread.

threads are for discussion not name calling (of which i may be now guilty) or rudeness. if you have nothing to contribute why throw insults and blather?

awaiting hopefully an intelligent reply.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2003, 07:07 PM

CLEVER EVASION!!!
Clever AND true

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2003, 07:48 PM

****ing nerd
nah, i thot it was kinda funny. Of course without the benefot of inflection who REALLY knows...but I've called and been called worse...

and no matter what you're not NEARLY as nerdish as the guy who lives upstairs from me.. He has a t-shirt with the words "Yes, I am" on the front and nothing else. Because Yes, he IS a rocket scientist.

iWrite
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2003, 07:53 PM

I agree that the name-calling is really idiotic and indicative of a lower intelligence quotient.

*SOME* people forget that *some* of the people here are teens or just out of teenhood.

Anyway, it's a crappy attitude to have during the holidays.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 28, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by iWrite:
I agree that the name-calling is really idiotic and indicative of a lower intelligence quotient.

*SOME* people forget that *some* of the people here are teens or just out of teenhood.

Anyway, it's a crappy attitude to have during the holidays.
What she said.

Give it a rest rampant. It gets old.
Nemo me impune lacesset

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 28, 2003, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
Give it a rest rampant. It gets old.
Yes, we need MORE nap threads! This thread was a GREAT idea!!

You heard the man, let us all report on our latest nap dreams!

What gets old are rambling incoherent posts. Chic[k]en isn't the only guilty party.

Cipher13
Nov 28, 2003, 08:14 PM

****ing nerd
That's putting it nicely.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2003, 08:18 PM

you need some time away from your ibook. its like when i start dreaming about work...that means i need a day off.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 28, 2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
Yes, we need MORE nap threads! This thread was a GREAT idea!!

You heard the man, let us all report on our latest nap dreams!

What gets old are rambling incoherent posts. Chic[k]en isn't the only guilty party.
It's like you guys have OCD or something. Every time the kid posts, you guys come into the thread and say the same less than clever bullshit. Enough already. We all know you guys don't like him, that you don't think too highly of his intellectual skills, and are going to make pointless comments about how pointless his threads are. He is far from the only one making "rambling, incoherent posts", but you gang up on him like a gang of thugs as soon as you see his name. If you don't like him so much, IGNORE him. It's not that hard. It's more than just rampant that needs to give it a rest.

And this isn't directed specifically at you AK. There are a bunch of people that do it, and a lot of people are sick of seeing the same old garbage.
Nemo me impune lacesset

quandarry
Nov 28, 2003, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
That's putting it nicely.
are you also so cowardly using someone elses name calling as a quote and saying he's worse than even that...

well sir you are laughable and i'm putting it nicely!

try some inward reflection on your remark, you may see something you don't like.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 28, 2003, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
It's like you guys have OCD or something. Every time the kid posts, you guys come into the thread and say the same less than clever bullshit. Enough already. We all know you guys don't like him, that you don't think too highly of his intellectual skills, and are going to make pointless comments about how pointless his threads are. He is far from the only one making "rambling, incoherent posts", but you gang up on him like a gang of thugs as soon as you see his name. If you don't like him so much, IGNORE him. It's not that hard. It's more than just rampant that needs to give it a rest.

And this isn't directed specifically at you AK. There are a bunch of people that do it, and a lot of people are sick of seeing the same old garbage.
It's typical, there are bullies in every "schoolyard". The problem is, online you can't confront `em (and beat the **** out of `em), so that they'll leave you alone. It's too bad, some of the guys on here could use a good ass-kicking from time to time.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Cipher13
Nov 28, 2003, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
are you also so cowardly using someone elses name calling as a quote and saying he's worse than even that...

well sir you are laughable and i'm putting it nicely!

try some inward reflection on your remark, you may see something you don't like.
Excuse me? How is that cowardly? I was agreeing with Rampant. Come on, how so?

Would you like me to say it for myself? Do you not believe I could? Or would?

He's a ****ing nerd. He's pathetic. He needs to get a freakin' life.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 28, 2003, 08:53 PM

This thread is going nowhere. Sorry chicken, it's got to be culled, for the good of the herd.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules