Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > How many messages are we allowed in PM inbox?

How many messages are we allowed in PM inbox?
chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2005, 09:18 PM

I had five messages stored in my inbox and got a mail that someone had tried to PM me but my inbox was full. How many PMs are we allowed to store? There's 31 in my outbox, I just noticed. So the qty. is cumulative of both in & out, I suppose?

Is it a set number of posts, or a set amount of bytes we can store?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2005, 10:36 PM

Anywhere from -3 to -5 I believe is the maximum.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 28, 2005, 11:21 PM

Check both the sent mail and the inbox, and set the drop down to "From the beginning". You've got a ton of messages that never got deleted, that just aren't showing up. Also, from the beginning doesn't actually go back to the beginning, just 1000 days or something, so go up to the url and change that number(I'm pretty sure it's 1000) and you might find even more hidden messages. You definitely have room for more than five or six. And remember, do this for both boxes. People forget about the sent mail.
Nemo me impune lacesset

chris v  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2005, 12:28 AM

That's all well and good, and thanks for the tip, but how many is the max alowed?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jan 29, 2005, 12:44 AM

maximum saved messages is now 45 (was 35).

looks like 69 users are at the max or above.
hmm, looks like i'm way above.

ha, 1337 users only have 1 message.

chris v  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2005, 12:58 AM

How leet of them. Thanks, that's what I wanted to know-- that and the 'daysprune=1000' thing.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 29, 2005, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by chris v:
That's all well and good, and thanks for the tip, but how many is the max alowed?
Sorry Chris, I just glanced at your initial post and didn't really read your question. I didn't know the answer anyway, but now we both do
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules