Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto 5-- turn off Ken Burns effect permenantly?

iPhoto 5-- turn off Ken Burns effect permenantly?
chris v
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2005, 08:44 AM

Every single time I create a new slideshow in iPhoto 5, I have to go to the slideshow settings and uncheck "Ken Burns Effect." is there some way to modify the plist file or something where that will stay unchecked?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

analogika
Posting Junkie
May 18, 2005, 08:58 AM

not to mention that ****ing music.

chris v  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 18, 2005, 10:26 AM

Yeah, that f**kin' music. Oops, wasn't supposed to mention that.

Anyone? Ideas?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2005, 10:06 AM

Still no ideas, eh? This really bugs me. I'm not sure if the automatic music or the automatic Ken Burns effect sucks more.

Help!

monkeybrain
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2005, 11:06 AM

I find that whole iPhoto slideshow annoying. Why isn't there a button that just starts a slideshow with the default settings? Why do we have to have this options dialog appear everytime? Fullscreen in Preview, Mail. Finder, or Spotlight is better.

toneloco28
Sep 7, 2005, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by monkeybrain
I find that whole iPhoto slideshow annoying. Why isn't there a button that just starts a slideshow with the default settings? Why do we have to have this options dialog appear everytime? Fullscreen in Preview, Mail. Finder, or Spotlight is better.
Agreed. It seems counter-intuitive to me to have to "create" a slideshow, before being able to view pics from within iPhoto full screen. Seems like such a blatant omission., but i digress...

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2005, 11:41 AM

Well, you can do a temp slideshow by selecting photos and hitting the play button. Less options, but you don't have to "create" a slideshow. Also, here you can save default settings (like turning off music and the automatic Ken Burns effect). Overall, it's much more like doing a slideshow from the Finder/Spotlight/Preview/Mail in Tiger.

Forum Links
Forum Rules