Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > lost ability to command-tab

lost ability to command-tab
ndpatel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 1999, 03:54 PM

i've lost the ability to command-tab to switch apps on my g4/450. it just mysteriously vanished esterday. no restarts, no flaky software installs (just stuffit deluxe) and poof! it's gone. i tried reistalling 8.6, both overwriting and restoring in place, and running with just the 8.6 extension set, but to no avail. this is killing my efficiency, so any help is most appreciated. thanks....

Ster
Nov 8, 1999, 10:18 PM

hi,
stupid question, but is the application switcher extension in the extension folder? (it might be invisible to estensions manager, so check manually) is it running? you can use peek-a-boo to check if it's running (download here http://www.clarkwoodsoftware.com/peekaboo/
though i personally can cmd-tab without the extension running (just installed), it might not be that way on your hardware.
just a thought,
ster

ndpatel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 1999, 11:57 PM

no, application switcher is in there, but i haven't tried this peek a boo thing yet, but i'll give it a shot...
thanks for the help

ndpatel  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 1999, 12:00 AM

according to peekaboo, app switcher is NOT running...what's up with this? on the other hand, a lot of my other exts aren't in the list either and i can still tear off the app palette....on the other genetically added hand...when i tear off the palette, app switcher is launched by the finder in the process window and cmd-tab still doesn't work. any more thoughts? i'm at a loss.
thanks
nilay

[This message has been edited by ndpatel (edited 11-08-1999).]

Ster
Nov 9, 1999, 03:18 PM

hi,
upon furter thougt and examination, app switcher shouldn't necessarily be runing, till you tear off the windoid. perhaps your app switcher extension has gotten currupted? try disk first aid/norton disk doctor/techtool pro, maybe? shots in the dark, here...
-ster

Forum Links
Forum Rules