Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > X and arrival to your home Poll

X and arrival to your home Poll
imacman11
Sep 13, 2000, 04:47 PM

Just wanted to set up a poll that asks:
When do/did you get your copy of OS X?
Include shipping info, where you live, and when you got it.

I myself ordered it at 9:20am today (13th).

sweeeeeet.......

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

RodriCO2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2000, 05:14 PM

I myself ordered today at 5:40am ET

Hope it gets here on FRI...
:-)
Its not the fact that life is fact, but that life itself is a fact of the unknown....

schwei
Sep 13, 2000, 05:22 PM

I ordered mine to ship to place of business via FedEx. Will report back . . .

schwei
Mac evangelist since 1986

pneumatic
Sep 13, 2000, 05:37 PM

I ordered this morning at 6:15 a.m. EST. Good thing too later on when I got to work (around 9 am) the store was so clogged I couldn't get on until this afternoon.

Order status: Being Assembled.

Heh. Yeah sure. Toss it in the FedEx box already!

I'm predicting Friday, Saturday at the latest, to MD.

deedar
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2000, 05:43 PM

Ordered mine today at approx noon, PST. To be sent regular UPS......

NOTE: Arrived Friday, 9/15

[This message has been edited by deedar (edited 09-19-2000).]

Ardvark
Sep 13, 2000, 05:47 PM

Based on my past orders of items that were "ready to ship" from the Apple store, I would make a bet that you'll see the Beta discs around Wednesday of next week at the absolute earliest.

Dev-Em
Sep 13, 2000, 06:07 PM

Ordered mine at 7:20 AM ET, with regular UPS shipping. Order status say "Assembling".

Of course, once I get it, I have to figure out how to get the DSL to work with X...

Dev

brainloop
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2000, 06:22 PM

I ordered mine today at 5.30 PM (french time) and would like to check the order status but I don't know where to enter my web order number, there are two available places.

My number starts with a W and has 5 digits following it (e.g. W12345)

How do I loo it up ?!

cheers

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2000, 06:30 PM

Well, it appears that Apple has redone the installer a bit (I had an internal seed, post DP 4). That uses a setup assistant to guide you through the process of setting up your network connections and such. I don't know if it had PPPoE or not (I can't stand PPPoE) since I have a cable modem with static IP.

Anxiously waiting my copy
G

Aussiemac
Sep 13, 2000, 07:14 PM

Orderd mine at 4.30pm MacNN forum time 13/9/
Australian Apple store. $A55.00

gbridge
Sep 13, 2000, 07:18 PM

Ordered my copy at about 1400 GMT. �24.95!! So I 'borrowed' my Mum's credit card. Sure she'll appreciate it!

Worth every penny (I hope....)

------------------
.....and so on the
seventh day, God shut
down his Macintosh.

gbridge
Sep 13, 2000, 07:26 PM

sorry.....just realised I didn't actually answer the question.

Got standard UK delivery (next day) and she said it'd be about 3-4 days from when I ordered it. So it should be here by Saturday/Monday. It's my birthday Monday. What an amazing present!! Shame we have to pay for it....

------------------
.....and so on the
seventh day, God shut
down his Macintosh.

Athene
Sep 13, 2000, 08:27 PM

I ordered mine at 7:30 3day I hope it actually get here Saturday

MacBook
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2000, 08:38 PM

Ordered at 9:38 a.m. eastern time (Florida).
Order status: Being assembled.
Being sent: Expedited FedEx (even though I'm sure I chose UPS)
Expect it: Next week sometime. Our university central receiving is capable of sending it on a tour of campus first.

tsunake
Sep 13, 2000, 08:38 PM

Well, I ordered at 7AM CST... chose the UPS shipping. Hopefully it should be here soon, but I'm betting on next Tuesday at the earliest. It's still in "Assembly" (btw, if you want to check your order, <a href="http://www.apple.com/orderstatus/">http://www.apple.com/orderStatus/</a&gt.

Curiously, sales tax was added to mine. I guess they're shipping out of Austin (I'm in Texas).

Anyone know for sure if the $30 pb comes with the development tools or not? I can't quite afford ADC membership above "online" status Guess I'll have to steal it...

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2000, 08:57 PM

Ooops. Never mind, I just finished reading the " is downloading os x beta from someone illegal? " thread. Never mind what I said before I edited this post.

[This message has been edited by Stogieman (edited 09-14-2000).]

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

worldy
Sep 13, 2000, 10:28 PM

Well I just ordered my copy from Australian Apple Store 14/9/00 1.23pm Olympic Time.

Had to courier a cheque so i geuss that adds a few days!

Lets see how long.

Tried the DL thing, but no real chance in hell of doing that. Looks like it comes in a nice DVD box. YummY!

Cant wait to place it on my specially reserved spot on my iMac 350 slot loader!

Lets get this baby happening!

(This is bigger and better than the olympics)

imacman11  (op)
Sep 13, 2000, 10:38 PM

Heh...I agree...Also, at least it is interactive and for the non-athletic....

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

havanas
Sep 13, 2000, 10:53 PM

Ordered mine @ 8.00am ET.

Got the slow/free shipping.

I can wait a week....already have dp4.

Gonna be nice not having to scour hotline for 3 weeks trying to get it

RodriCO2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2000, 11:16 PM

IS anybody beyonf the Being Assembled stage????
Its not the fact that life is fact, but that life itself is a fact of the unknown....

gotterdamm
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 14, 2000, 12:10 AM

I ordered mine at 6am (CST) and it went almost immediately to the "assembly" stage. Then, when I checked back later, it's back to the "being reviewed" stage.
Now it's back to "assembly".
Uggh.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2000, 12:27 AM

Hotline...3 weeks? Try Carracho tonight.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

billy!
Sep 14, 2000, 05:46 AM

piracy make billy sad!

PhillyMac
Sep 14, 2000, 06:50 AM

Ordered my copy at 05:45 EST. It is still being assembled today.

------------------
PowerBook G3 Bronze
400/256

mmurray
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2000, 07:04 AM

In Australia, Singapore and HongKong
the build time is 21 days. It was 7 when I ordered last night shortly after the first release then it went up today.

Michael

mike3k
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2000, 08:46 AM

I ordered mine yesterday to be shipped UPS. I'm not really in such a hurry, and based on a lot of what I heard, I probably won't install it. I know it won't work with a lot of my USB devices or my SCSI scanner, and my machine at work has 2 monitors, which it also doesn't support.

I may wait until I buy an iBook and install it on that.

Hap
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2000, 11:23 AM

Ordered mine around 11AM PST checked this morning and it's still "Being Assembled". How much could there possibly be to assemble. Oh well I used the free shiping option so I guess I didn't really expect to see it latter today.

Also for those of you in the States that where wondering about the sales tax that got added thats to be expected. Thius is becuase if you buy something from a company and they have a "corporate presence" (they have offices) in your state they have to charge you the sales tax (if any) for that state.

UPDATE: Got an Email from Apple that my copy Shipped around 1am on the 17th Of Course UPS didn't ship it out until around 11PM on the 18 but whats almost 48 hours bettween friends. Oh well at least it's on it's way.

Update II: arrived at my house 9/20 but noone was home so I didn't get it until 9/21 I haven't gotten to play with it to much yet but I like it so far.

Hope this helps
Hap

------------------
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Hap (edited 09-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hap (edited 09-22-2000).]
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

macmark
Sep 14, 2000, 11:46 AM

7:30am EST 09/13/00 Cheap shipping to Allentown, PA. Hope the boss doesn't find out I used his credit card!

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2000, 12:27 PM

Ordered mine at 4:35 a.m. central US time 9/13/00 -- about a minute after the page went up

Estimated time until ship was one day -- but I just checked and it's still "Being Assembled"

jtvoorhies
Sep 14, 2000, 06:06 PM

I ordered mine about 6:00am Cupertino time Wednesday morning. It gave me an estimated ship time of 3 days. I chose the FedEx delivery.
Here it is, Thursday afternoon, and it's still "being assembled."
It's just a CD. How hard can it be to put an address label on and ship it? They must have had a ton of orders for this thing. I'm sure at the next Steve-note he'll brag about how many were ordered the first day (with a careful omission about the Apple Store going down).

Please let it get to us by Saturday morning-- so we can have the weekend to play with it!

Darcy B
Sep 14, 2000, 06:31 PM

Ordered about 4:30pm today, Canadian Apple Store, $45+tax came to $51. They claim est shipping time 1 day, but I doubt i'll see it before Friday next week hehe.

To all you who are hoping for a saturday, I can only whine in envy! I've never received any kind of mail and/or shipment on a weekend in my 25 years! Lucky!

Darcy

BobbyG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 14, 2000, 09:11 PM

I ordered my copy (only to find out that I'm getting a free one later on) at 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time. It went from "Being Assembled" back to "Reviewing..." back to "Being Ass'd." where it's stayed the last two days. Now I gotta figure I got in pretty early, and with the extra sawbuck for FedEx/expedited shipping, I oughta be somewhere in the front of the line.

memento
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2000, 09:58 PM

Ordered mine at 3:45am Cupertino time on Wed. Still being assembled...

waiting...
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

David R
Sep 14, 2000, 10:49 PM

Ordered at 3:14 am Cupertino Time on 9/13 using FedEx as my shipping option.

It is now 9/14, 7:48 pm Cupertino Time, and it is still being assembled.

So far I only know of one person who has received a shipping notification, but he may be laying for all that I know. I hope other people post here when they receive a shipping confirmation and say when they ordered. I will do that.

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 14, 2000, 11:15 PM

Purchased around 8am EST on Wednesday morning. Still being assembled.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Sep 15, 2000, 04:52 AM

I bought mine with the FedEx shipping option at around 3am Pacific time. Still being assembled. What you all should know is that apparently Apple was "overwhelmed" by the advance orders -- some 29,000. So therefore they are yet again ill equiped in handling yet another product anouncement situation. This happens every single time Steve says "ITS AVAILABLE TODAY!!!!" Sure, you can SEE it on the Apple Store, but that means next to nothing. I don't know a single person who has gotten a confirmation that their order has shipped, so all you folks hoping to get it by the weekend, that is mighty slim I think! The only people that have an official copy are those in Paris right now.

BobbyG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2000, 10:52 AM

The small comfort being that since this is but software, the early adopters can't get hosed by last-minute revs as has happened too frequently in the past (and present) with Apple's hardware products, e.g. the latest G4s and ATI Radeon option, the Yikes! G4, early Wall St. (or Phat G3), iMac revA, all the way back to stuff like the IIvx, IIfx and the Mac 512.

pete
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2000, 11:53 AM

I ordered my copy on the 13th and just received a statement saying that it shipped today (15th). Not bad!

exrae
Sep 15, 2000, 11:55 AM

I ordered mine about 9:00 PM MST on the 13th from the Canada store, and the site says that my order is still being reviewed. Estimated shipping time was 1 day, perhaps the tracking system isn't entirely correct. I don't expect mine by this week

------------------

exrae "The pool on the roof must have a leak"
"The pool on the roof must have a leak"

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 01:26 PM

IT SHIPPED!

I ordered mine on Wednesday morning, and just got an email that said mine shipped. I got the FedEx shipping, so I'll probably see that on Monday.

murbanek
Sep 15, 2000, 01:31 PM

Mine just shipped also. I ordered mine on Wednesday morning (8 EST) and it just shipped as of (1 EST) Friday. Tracking number provided but not activated yet. Which means it is probably sitting on a pallete waiting to be picked up.

-Mike

velocitychannel
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 01:54 PM

I ordered mine Wednesday morning at 7:00am EST and it still says it is being assembled. Why are people who ordered theirs later getting them sooner??

Whaaaaaaaaa!!!

David R
Sep 15, 2000, 01:58 PM

Mine has shipped as well. Checked the OrderStatus page. Too bad there is not a tracking number on there.

Simplmind7
Sep 15, 2000, 02:17 PM

I ordered a copy early Wednesday morning and just recieved it (Friday at noon). Not too shabby.

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 02:19 PM

Simplmind: Are you east coast or west coast? What shipping option?

I'm West Coast, 6am PDT 9/13 order and mine is still 'Being Assembled'.

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!

Simplmind7
Sep 15, 2000, 02:23 PM

MadBrowser:

I ordered mine about the same time. I live in the SF Bay area- used UPS ground (since I'm so close to Cupertino anyway). Sorry- don't know what to tell you.

davidflas
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2000, 02:25 PM

I ordered OSX on the 13th at about 8:30am central time fedex delivery and its still being assembled. Doh!
Update: got a message from apple via snail mail comfirming my order today (9/18) My order went from assembly to shipped on saturday nothing yet!

Finally got the beta! Too bad I'll have to wait until I get home from work to use it.
7 days was a long time for this impatient mac user. BTW I like to live dangerously so I'm going to install it over OS9.
------------------
life is pain highness, anyone who tells you different is selling something.

[This message has been edited by davidflas (edited 09-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by davidflas (edited 09-20-2000).]
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

edgewise
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2000, 02:28 PM

mine has shipped too! (ordered online at 6:00am est wednesday, east coast usa) my order status includes a fedex tracking number. clicking it navigates to the tracking page on the fedex site, where i am informed that the number is too long to be valid.

hmm.

daqman
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2000, 02:30 PM

I am a member of the Apple doveloper connection. I got a mail yesterday to say that the OSX beta will ship on Monday for the developers. This is very nice but I've been an ADC member for almost a month now and havan't had anything from Apple except from an E-mail digest every now and again and pointers to code which will only run on an OS that I still don't have. All that for only $400!
You would have thought that the disks for ADC members would be sitting in envelopes pre-addressed and ready to ship since they have had all of our names and addresses for some time.
I called wednesday (before I got the E-mail) and they couldn't tell me when the ADC copies of MacOSX PB would ship so I paid the $40 for a copy to try to get SOMETHING soon that I can develop OSX code on. I'm still seeing "being assembled" on the order status page ;^( so it looks like I have to wait until next week to start porting code to X. I'm going home to cook something on the barbecue and have a beer or two. Forget X for a few days.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

unregistered
Sep 15, 2000, 02:43 PM

Simplemind: did the order status page ever change to shipped for your order?

Forum Links
Forum Rules