Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > iPhoto and 800x600res

iPhoto and 800x600res
slider
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2002, 11:46 PM

So I have an iBook 466 and I obviously can't change the resolution to the preferred 1024x768 in iBook. I always get the message stating that iPhoto does not support the resolution. Is there a way can get rid of this message?

jcb9
Dec 23, 2002, 02:34 AM

How odd. I have a clamshell iBook and run iPhoto regularly at 600x600 without ever having the problem you describe. Maybe you should try reinstalling iPhoto?

rytc
Senior User
Dec 23, 2002, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by jcb9:
How odd. I have a clamshell iBook and run iPhoto regularly at 600x600 without ever having the problem you describe. Maybe you should try reinstalling iPhoto?
I used to never get it at all under 0S X.1, but recently and I'm not sure but I think it was at the same time as I installed X.2, it started giving these messages too. And not just one, 2 every time you launch iPhoto.

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2002, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by rytc:

I used to never get it at all under 0S X.1, but recently and I'm not sure but I think it was at the same time as I installed X.2, it started giving these messages too. And not just one, 2 every time you launch iPhoto.
Yes, that is what I am experiencing. I am running X2.3 which iPhoto was part of the install. This is a brand new HD and Jag has just been installed. This is an unnecessary message as iPhoto runs fine at that resolution. I think this is one of those bad Apple ideas to encourage people to upgrade to a newer machine.

Anyways, yeah, if someone knows how to get rid of that message that would be great. I like showing people iApps and getting PC users to switch, this message does not help.

Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2002, 12:02 PM

I run my iMac DV at 800x600. I've never once had ANY problems using iPhoto. And I use it quite a bit now... With over 2,500 photos currently...

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2002, 03:26 PM

What version of OS X are you using. For the record I too had iPhoto working without the messages before jaguar, but my question isn't whether or not it's happening, it is, how do you get rid of it is my question. If you are running 10.2.3, then maybe you have some settings to take care of it, please share, if not then it is kinda moot.

The Evener
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2002, 04:58 PM

Do you have your Dock on the right or left of your screen? In the past that has been the cause of the "warning" on clamshell iBooks. Place the Dock at the bottom of the screen, and the "warning" disappears. I hope Apple corrects the problem in the next iPhoto update. Since I don't like keeping my Dock at the bottom, I just put up with the "errors."

"Psssst..."

slider  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2002, 06:47 PM

Wow, thanks, I would never have guessed that was an issue. That is strange. Yeah I hope Apple resolves this as well. Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules