Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto Replacement

iPhoto Replacement
rosssanford
Nov 12, 2003, 11:43 AM

Has anyone found a software program the works like iPhoto for a Windows PC? I had to switch back to a PC at work (VPC for AutoCAD was just not cutting it any more), and now I need to transfer my iPhoto Library to the PC.

Any advice would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Ross

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2003, 11:53 AM

Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

bbales
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2003, 12:15 PM

Like the person above, try PhotoAlbum. Jim Coates (Chicago Tribune computer guru) reviewed it in this past Sunday's paper, I think, and specifically mentioned that the program comes close to iphoto.

kooBi
Nov 12, 2003, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by bbales:
Like the person above, try PhotoAlbum. Jim Coates (Chicago Tribune computer guru) reviewed it in this past Sunday's paper, I think, and specifically mentioned that the program comes close to iphoto.
Is that a good thing? I find iPhoto really slow when I have more than a couple hundred photos - spinning disk city. It also seems to be overly restrictive; I know you can assign keywords to particular images but I'd like to be able to move images from one film roll to another, for example. Furthermore, trawling through an old iPhoto library I found several film rolls had been duplicated, triplicated, quadruplicated... to various different months and years. Not aliases, the whole shebang. I hope this all gets sorted out because apart from a few minor gripes, I like it.

Westfoto
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by rosssanford:
Has anyone found a software program the works like iPhoto for a Windows PC? I had to switch back to a PC at work (VPC for AutoCAD was just not cutting it any more), and now I need to transfer my iPhoto Library to the PC.

Any advice would be apprciated.

Thanks,
Ross
What camera are you using? I have the Nikon D100 and the software that Nikon has is quite useful, Nikon View 6.

West

Are you stuck using AutoCAD? there are others out there.
Mac Pro - 12 GB RAM - 30" & 23" Displays - 10.7.1
MacBook Pro - 2 GB RAM - 10.6.8
Airport Extreme • Canon iPF5000 • PIXMA Pro9000 • Xerox N2125

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 13, 2003, 12:04 PM

Try Kodak Easyshare. I like it, too bad it is broke under panther, but it should work on PC no prob.

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Forum Links
Forum Rules