Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Baseball equipment

WTB: Baseball equipment
acorder
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2008, 02:35 PM

I'm going back to school this year to get my master's degree, and I'm planning to join the university's club baseball team (Eastern Washington University). Since it's been a couple of years since I played competitively, some of my gear is either worn out/outdated/sold/gone missing. Below is a list of what I'm looking for. May be interested in other baseball gear, so send me a pm. Not sure how to list wanted prices, as I don't want to spend much and price will likely vary by brand and condition of items. I have no expectations of playing in any professional capacity; this is more of a chance for a twenty-something to play competitively again for fun.

Baseball pants: size large, plain gray preferred (no pinstriping; piping okay). Plain white okay. Used is fine if they're in very good shape, new is better. Prefer major brand: Rawlings, Easton, Bike, Under Armour, etc.

Shirts: dri-fit type, tight fit, size large. Need red and black, long sleeve, maybe short sleeve also.

Socks: need both red and black, knee-length. Prefer new.

Cleats: size 12.5 or 13, black. Prefer Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc. New-ish. This is a non-necessity, as I have some older cleats.

Gear bag: mine has disappeared. Any good condition baseball equipment bag will do.

Bats: wood, 34" or larger. No cracks/chips, please. Metal bats considered.

Balls: leather only (no synthetic!). Prefer NFHS or better quality, raised seam preferred. New-ish if possible. Also willing to pick up lots of used practice balls.

Batting gloves: size XL, red and/or black and/or white. A non-necessity, but mine are getting a little worn.

Mitts: not a necessity, but if there's a giveaway 12.5 or larger out there, I'd take it and give it a good home. Hopefully I'll have kids to throw with someday.

That about wraps it up. I'm willing to pay for shipped items, but if you live anywhere between Virginia and Tennessee, down to New Orleans, and over to San Diego, then up the west coast to Seattle and toward Spokane, I'd prefer to pick things up on my 5,000 mile drive across the country.

I realize that baseball equipment is a long shot here, but I thought I'd give it a try. Many thanks.

Cheers!

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2008, 08:42 PM

http://www.playitagainsports.com/locations.aspx
or
ebay

That's some pretty specific stuff you are looking for. You may want to get in contact with the team you are playing for. There's a chance that guys who are graduating would be willing to part with stuff they no loner will use once they leave campus.
I gave a ton of LAX stuff away to the club team when I left DC

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2008, 10:35 PM

I'm just covering all my bases (no pun intended). I've bought some things at yard sales, from friends, off ebay, craigslist, etc. Just thought I'd give myself another avenue. Cheers!

Forum Links
Forum Rules