Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Speck SeeThru - Does it cause scratching?

Speck SeeThru - Does it cause scratching?
fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2007, 12:13 PM

I was looking at a Speck SeeThru for my MacBook. I found some reviews, but it apparently causes "scratching" of the Macbook itself.

For those that have owned them, have they scratched your MacBook at all?

magicbumone
Nov 27, 2007, 05:07 PM

I bought a speck for my new macbook a few months ago and then last week I took it off and it had lots of scratches all over it! Im pissed that I paid $50 for a protector that ended up giving me more scratches on it than if I didn't buy a protector at all.

Ratspittle
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2007, 07:52 PM

I have a spec for my mbp and it did cause some scratches on the front edge of my computer. They are minor though, and barely noticeable. I think he problem was particulates getting pushed down between the mac and the case. The rest of my computer though is fine. One other thing I noticed about the spec is, although it feels quite light by itself, once the case is on your mac, the mac seems a noticeably heavier. Still, I like my spec, it prevents dings to my aluminum, but I suspect that isn't an issue with a plastic macbook. If you are looking for scratch protection only, I'd go with one of the film type solutions.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Forum Links
Forum Rules