Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > VNC Client with Scaled View?

VNC Client with Scaled View?
inkhead
Senior User
Aug 18, 2005, 07:50 PM

On windows most of the VNC clients allow you to scale down your view of the remote VNC screen. I can't find any mac clients that do this? Do any exist? I often like to open a VNC session and scale it down (i can even interact with it small), as it makes it fast. It's nice for monitoring....

This is what I want when I VNC to my mac? Any suggestions? My VNC server is OSXVNC

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 19, 2005, 11:08 AM

VNCthing, IIRC. Not 100% sure, gotta check it at home. Just give it a try,

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo.../9261&vid=6708

-t

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Aug 19, 2005, 08:33 PM

Nope it doesn't. Damn I really want one that does....

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 09:30 PM

We've gotten a lot of requests for this at Chicken of the VNC and we plan to implement it in the future. Chicken's internal rendering code needs an update, at which point, we'll get it "for free".
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Aug 19, 2005, 09:41 PM

That would be excellent, I really, really look forward to this. If you need beta testers, or hosting for your site I'll gladly provide it at free. Your VNC client is my favorite.

I'm a user interface developer, if you'd like I could create some .nib files for you for your next chicken of the VNC update, as well as write documentation for free. I have some ideas for making it simplier and sexy.

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the offers, inkhead! We don't need hosting, since SourceForge provides it. Interface suggestions are always welcome, as is improved documentation. We're about ready to rock a 2.0b3 release, though, so I suggest you wait until then (or download and build from CVS now). Things have changed a bit since 2.0b2.

One thing we could really use is a "real" webpage. Right now, cotvnc.sf.net redirects to the sourceforge project page, which is, uhhh, spartan.

Translations are always welcome, too!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Forum Links
Forum Rules