Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sticky MBP Trackpad Button

Sticky MBP Trackpad Button
Timetheus
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2007, 01:49 PM

My Trackpad button is "Sticking." I don't really know what else to call it. Basically if Iet it sit for a few seconds the button takes a little more force to press and and then makes a very audible clicking noise on the way back up, as opposed to the usually quiet and perfectly smooth action.

If I use the button continously it's not as much an issue, only after it sits for any period of time.

I suspect it just needs cleaned, would it completely void my AppleCare to pull the top case off and clean it (gently)?

Or Would Apple fix it if I took it to the Genius bar?

Just curious, its little more than a minor annoyance, but then I'm a bit OCD about it.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Mar 24, 2007, 03:07 PM

No harm getting it looked at. Take your battery out and inspect it for signs of bulging or swelling. Test the trackpad button with the battery removed.

Timetheus  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2007, 09:44 PM

No luck w/ the battery. Good news actually, I've already delt w/ the swelling issue once before.

I'll probably just take into the Apple Store when I get a chance.

Forum Links
Forum Rules