Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > address recovery from mail.app

address recovery from mail.app
autumnrayne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2008, 11:01 PM

I finally got my parents hooked up with DSL. As they sat to let everyone know they had a new email address, they over-hastily deleted their old inbox with all the thousands of important chain letters it included. I looked for mail's internal address book file for a while, but gave up and ended up telling them to go through each possibility letter by letter. There are about 25 contacts in their actual address book.app and most of them are my friends. but mail keeps a record of email addresses for example- i hit "a" and a list of people pops up, who may or may not be stored in my address book. is there an easy way to get everyone on that list into "address book.app" (if there is even a way to get to the file) or are they stuck going through everyone letter by letter?

running 10.4.11
all we were, and are we have done- just zeros and ones.

Forum Links
Forum Rules