Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > This place is getting boring: Summer plans?

This place is getting boring: Summer plans?
Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 10, 2005, 01:17 AM

OH NO, OFF TOPIC. *mocks self*

It's Sunday at 1am, I'm bored, there's nothing interesting going on.
Does anyone have any plans for this summer?

Me:
Go visit family and clean up stuff: First month
Hide in apartment with a huge pile of books, doing all the reading I want to do: Second month I might have to move somewhere in there
Go to Hawaii for birthday, get ready for school, get settled into new place if I move: Third month

I'm sure other people have more interesting plans, so let's hear them.

drengy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2005, 10:34 AM

My summer starts mid-May, with a trip to San Francisco for Bay to Breakers. Then I back to San Francisco 3 weeks later for WWDC. Kinda wish the two trips were more spread apart, but oh well.

The rest of the summer will be spent avoiding the unpleasant heat and humidity (I'm not a fan of summertime) here in Boston, with perhaps a trip to NJ in August to see my new niece (who's going to be born on April 13th).

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2005, 11:18 AM

Summer? I'm sitting here in the middle of a near blizzard wondering if I'll be able to dig out in the morning. Could be anywhere from 6-18 inches today, depending on what part of town you're in. Got around 3-4 inches already.

I need to plan some vacation some time this summer, but just been too busy to really think of it. I've got business travel booked for almost 40% of my time all the way through the 3rd week of June.

We'll maybe with the weather what it is today, I can give it some thought since I have no plans to get out and go anywhere today. Can't even work from home today, IT is re-imaging my work notebook and installing some new software this weekend.

Hmmm! Let's see, Tahiti, Bermuda, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, ......

billybob128
Senior User
Apr 11, 2005, 07:53 AM

im climing kilimanjaro then goin on short safari. after that nothin at all probs try to find a job somewhere

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

siliconman
Apr 11, 2005, 09:22 AM

Summer?!?! I can't plan that far ahead.

I will be taking a trip out to NV,AZ, and CA to go jeeping in a week and a half.

-David

jbcool
Senior User
Apr 11, 2005, 12:29 PM

Well let see. Since I have been working so hard to keep from working for the last 1 1/2 years. Last weekend spoonbill fishing in Oklahoma one 68lb and one 38lb fish. Next weekend St. Louis for a bytes and beer confrence. Week after that a vacation on Tablerock lake in Missouri. Weekend after that big steak feed in Mulvane KS. Month after unscheduled at this point open for any new adventure. I'm sure it will a few days at a race track somewhere.

Yea mid-life retirement is much better than a mid-life crisis.

Going to need to get some new card board boxes here soon.
Tag ur it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules