Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > No Power

No Power
smokymnt
Sep 7, 2000, 06:32 PM

I replaced internal battries in four 4400/200 power macs today and had no problems until the last one. When I pluged the machine up.......no power,it's not the cord and I have rechecked all the connections. I also put the old battery back in and same thing, any ideas?

infiniti
Sep 7, 2000, 07:31 PM

Try pushing the motherboard's reset button. Look in your manual for the specific location on the board.

Good luck,
infiniti
12" iBook 900

smokymnt
Sep 8, 2000, 02:59 PM

Thanks for your help you saved me a lot of time and some cash to.I checked all the manuals and searched everywhere I could think of on the web and then had to call a tech.support we use at work but the problem is fixed! The reset button is in between the memory slots and the back of the computer.Little square box that has a round dot on top,it does not look like a reset button.

Forum Links
Forum Rules