Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > -''-..- Common you all, mod your mac! -''-..-

-''-..- Common you all, mod your mac! -''-..-
sine -''-..-
Grizzled Veteran
Location: meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meo
May 18, 2000, 07:05 PM

Hey all,
Its MOD YOUR MAC WEEK,

everyone should so somthing to make their Mac Unique, (like my lit mouse , or CA$H's frankistin iMac)

Common!

Make somthin to make us envious!
sine -''-..-

now known as pillowcase

Ca$h68
Banned
May 18, 2000, 07:12 PM

HEhehEHehE.... Its going to be alive!!! SOOON! I have to go on a roadtrip to KY this weekend, but when I get back I'm tearin this thing up. Im prolly gonna need lots help though... never done this before.

Ca$h

bluesy
May 22, 2000, 01:52 PM

Ok, ok... if you beat it out of me.

I have modified the case of my All In One G3. It doesn't take very long, and anyone with an AIO can do it (probably). It has since been dubbed the All In Wonder.

Anyway, the actual modification is that I put Christmas Lights under the translucent top and back of the AIO (I also have Red lights in the Apples on the side, with green ones for the leaves ).

There's a tutorial and pictures at http://www.wpi.edu/~jyurek in case you want to see it. The pictures aren't very good, but I'm not a professional photographer, either.

I'm going to do more to it eventually (especially since my second set of lights has burned out in there).

--
Jon Yurek
The Happy Blues Man

Dr. Fu
May 24, 2000, 05:00 PM

Unique? Well, I've got an external IDE drive, if that counts (C500).

I'm going to add an external floppy as well, as soon as I can find a case that is suitable.

(The floppy bracket won't fit anymore since I added a 1MB L2 and a 240MHz 603).

infiniti
May 24, 2000, 07:50 PM

My warranty's been void for a long time, and I want do do some mod-ing.

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the soldered-on VRAM on a mac? I've got a 6400/200 and a 17" monitor, and I'm tired of using 256 colors. Even if I do upgrade, will the system recognize and address the remaining VRAM?
Any suggestions would me much appreciated

Thanks,
infiniti
12" iBook 900

Forum Links
Forum Rules