Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Apple CD/DVD keyboard eject

Apple CD/DVD keyboard eject
bigbird 07
Jun 14, 2001, 09:16 AM

Does anyone know what piece of the system determines the way the eject button works?

I have a G4 mp 450 AGP (gigibit)

Since I got the G4 the eject button on the keyboard would only work if a CD/DVD was mounted on the desktop. I have a couple of friends who have bought the new version of the G4 (733 and 533) and the eject button works any time. With no CD/DVD inserted it will open and close the tray. I borrowed the system disk that came with the 733 and installed it on a separate partition (with OS X). Now my eject button works like theirs. From this, I know it's not firmware on the drive. After examining the system folder, thinking maybe a newer CD/DVD driver, I found an older version in the 733 system (I had installed DVD player 2.4).

Could it be the ROM file? When OS X is booted the eject button will eject with no CD/DVD mounted but will not close. Very strange...

Oh, by the way I'm using OS 9.1 which came with OS X

Any Ideas here?

bigbird 07  (op)
Jun 15, 2001, 09:58 AM

Know one know's??? I was hopeing to avoid reinstalling the OS... oh well

Forum Links
Forum Rules