Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Best thing I've heard all day

Best thing I've heard all day
ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 3, 2010, 11:24 PM

"Don't tell me I can't give you a ticket. I don't give a sh!t if your GPS told you to turn left, your GPS doesn't give you permission to run a red light", the cop yelled at the stupid girl.

Nemo me impune lacesset

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 12:06 AM

Are you the cop ?

-t

design219
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2010, 12:08 AM

or the girl?

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

ThinkInsane  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2010, 12:20 AM

I was the guy walking down the street, laughing his ass off. THe girl stuck to her guns though, she was adamant that she couldn't be ticketed for running a red light on the advice of Tom Tom. I guess if your navigation system tells you to go, you better get to steppin'!
Nemo me impune lacesset

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 12:23 AM

I'll keep that excuse in mind next time I rob a bank.

"My TomTom told me so"

-t

ThinkInsane  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2010, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I'll keep that excuse in mind next time I rob a bank.

"My TomTom told me so"

-t
The next time?
Nemo me impune lacesset

Person Man
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
"My TomTom told me so"
And if your TomTom told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?

At any rate, I blame Navigon.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 01:08 PM

Heh. That's hilarious.

I once lucked out - speeding 70 in a 50 zone. The policeman asked for my paperwork and gave it to him, but realized I had neglected to put the update sticker on it. The paperwork was otherwise valid and he checked to find out I had actually paid all the required fees, but technically if it doesn't have the sticker they can fine me. (The sticker was actually in my glovebox, but I couldn't find it at the time.) So he did fine me for that... but decided that he'd forget about the speeding ticket. I was fine with that, since the fine was much less and there is no moving violation. A fine for missing a sticker doesn't affect insurance rates, but speeding does.

I'm now thinking some areas might just have a ticket number quota, but don't necessarily have a quota for ticket type.

lexapro
Baninated
Mar 4, 2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Heh. That's hilarious.

I once lucked out - speeding 70 in a 50 zone. The policeman asked for my paperwork and gave it to him, but realized I had neglected to put the update sticker on it. The paperwork was otherwise valid and he checked to find out I had actually paid all the required fees, but technically if it doesn't have the sticker they can fine me. (The sticker was actually in my glovebox, but I couldn't find it at the time.) So he did fine me for that... but decided that he'd forget about the speeding ticket. I was fine with that, since the fine was much less and there is no moving violation. A fine for missing a sticker doesn't affect insurance rates, but speeding does.

I'm now thinking some areas might just have a ticket number quota, but don't necessarily have a quota for ticket type.
Of course you then appealed the ticket by showing you had the sticker all along, right?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2010, 03:35 PM

Fantastic story, ThinkInsane.

Usually I have a problem with cops who yell needlessly, but this guy sounds awesome.

ThinkInsane  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2010, 04:28 PM

The best part was that when I burst out laughing, he looked right at me, threw his hands up and mouthed "what the ****" and pantomimed throttling someone
Nemo me impune lacesset

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 05:01 PM

Not as amusing as ThinkInsane's story, but I was riding in the car with my mom when we came to an intersection that had some workers in the center around a manhole. The traffic lights were completely out, so there was a cop in the middle directing traffic.

Some lady in her minivan apparently didn't know what a traffic cop was for. He put his hand up to tell her to stop, while he waved the cross traffic to go, but she kept creeping forward, sort of tapping her breaks, then going. So he started walking towards her with his hands up, gesturing her to stop. For no apparent reason she gunned it in a puff of smoke around the officer across the intersection almost hitting a couple cars.

The officer just kinda stood there, looked around a little startled, then face palmed and shook his head.

Just down the street the minivan was pulled over by a motorcycle cop and there was a small asian woman stomping her feet and yelling at the cop.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Eug
Clinically Insane
Mar 4, 2010, 08:08 PM

That sounds like my story. At a green light, a woman's car stalled. The guy behind her was livid, got out of the car and screamed at the woman through the window, and then got back into his car and gunned it into the intersection around the corner. He must have been going 40 miles an hour by the time he left the intersection, and was still accelerating. Squealing tires and everything. When I turned the corner too, I saw he had rear-ended someone else's car a little ways down the block. We just smiled at him mockingly as we drove by.

Forum Links
Forum Rules