Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320 HDD + Brenthaven Sleeve

FS: MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320 HDD + Brenthaven Sleeve
Gamoe
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2008, 06:12 PM

I'm selling my MacBook.

These are the specs:

* C2D 2.2 Ghz.

* 4GB RAM (+ the RAM it came with)

* 320 GB HDD

* Superdrive

* Leopard

Comes with:

* Apple Remote

* Magsafe AC Adapter

* Composite Video Adapter

* DVI Video Adapter

* Brenthaven Sleeve

* Original Restore DVDs

It is functionally perfect. Aesthetically, it does have the usual signs of wear. I didn't wrap this thing in plastic foil or treat it like some priceless museum piece, so it does show wear. There are a couple of scratches on the front of the bottom case, though it does not appear to be a crack. It has never been dropped or abused beyond daily use, and has always been transported in it's Brenthaven Sleeve, which is included, inside another bag. Pictures upcoming if requested.

I'm asking for $900 SHIPPED.
( Last edited by Gamoe; Nov 11, 2008 at 06:21 PM. )

jaydon34
Senior User
Nov 11, 2008, 10:39 PM

I was actually thinking about getting this but after I checked out your review for the Brenthaven Sleeve it seems you've had some issues with your mac.

Macbook doesn't work with lcd
http://www.appletalker.net/forum/ind...thread&id=1327

Before I jump the gun is this the same macbook?
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by jaydon34 View Post
I was actually thinking about getting this but after I checked out your review for the Brenthaven Sleeve it seems you've had some issues with your mac.

Macbook doesn't work with lcd
http://www.appletalker.net/forum/ind...thread&id=1327

Before I jump the gun is this the same macbook?
jaydon34, you are correct. It is the same MacBook. But I assure you, the issue is neither limited nor specific to my MacBook. I have confirmed this through experimenting with an identical MacBook, testing it out at The Apple Store, and from reading plethora of reports on the same issue on both Apple's official board as well as other Mac boards like this one.

Apple's last OS/EFI update simply broke DVI (though apparently not VGA) compatibility with certain displays. It has been a source of frustration for me, to be sure, however I do not expect any of the new MacBooks to work with my specific LCD either, as I'd take it they would have a similarly updated OS and firmware (though I've yet to test this with one of the new MacBooks). This affects all MacBooks (old and maybe new) with an updated OS/firmware.

If you can connect to your external LCD to a MacBook with the latest OS and EFI firmware, you shouldn't have any problem. In the unexpected case that you tested a display this way and the MacBook still will not function with it, I would be willing to take it back for a refund if necessary.

Here are some threads on Apple's board:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....readID=1722171

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=8445236

I have updated the info on the your linked and the latter thread.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2008, 07:20 AM

Sold!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules