Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] Z is for Zombie - Available Now ($.99)

[ANN] Z is for Zombie - Available Now ($.99)
naevity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2009, 07:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post an announcement that my first iPhone game is now in available in the App Store. It's called Z is for Zombie, and it's a side scrolling survival game. I've released a few iPhone apps before, but nothing this involved. I hand drew every bit of artwork for the game, it's basic on purpose.

The game uses a very basic control scheme. You move using the accelerometer and tap anywhere on the screen to shoot. You can adjust the accelerometer angle from the settings screen as well, so you're not locked into what I think is the ideal playing angle.

Version 1.1 has already been submitted, With 1.1 I've made the game 2x longer, and added some new gameplay features. I've also animated all the zombie deaths, so they explode with lots of blood. , and a better icon.

You can check the game out in the App Store Here

I've got a youtube trailer for the game up here:
Z is for Zombie

Screenshots:

and a sneak peak at Version 1.1:

( Last edited by naevity; Oct 28, 2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: adding appstore link)

iChris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2009, 08:27 PM

That's pretty great man. Good luck with it. I'll definitely check it out.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

naevity  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2009, 07:17 AM

thank you!

version 1.1 was resubmitted last night to incorporate some changes:

Original Changes:
1. Zombies explode when they die
2. Game is 2x longer

Additional Changes:
3. Performance Improvements - I've put a limiter on how many guys will display on screen at once. This should really help with the laggyness
4. Basic Zombie AI - I still want to improve on this, but even at this level it makes the game better.

I've uploaded a youtube video of version 1.1 just so you can get a taste:
Z is for Zombie v1.1

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 28, 2009, 09:21 AM

Your actual game play images look like coloring pencils on graph paper? That's a cool trick.

You are supposed to FIRST check with the staff (PM the mods for this forum) before posting an announcement of a new app, and then your announcement must have the "[ANN]" tag at the beginning of the title. Your skipping of these steps and your "screen shots" combine to give me a "bad feeling" about your app...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

naevity  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2009, 09:29 AM

Sorry I missed the [ANN] tag, I'd add it but I can't edit the title, maybe a Mod could do it for me.

However, no where does it say I needed to PM the mods first.

Announcement rules: There can be a fine line between posting an announcement for your new iPhone app and blatent spam. To help with this, we're limiting app announcements to established members only. You can't announce your app in your first few posts. Also, keep the post brief. Don't make people scroll through 12 screenshots and a bunch of marketing copy.
Announcements should have the [ANN] tag before the thread title.
I've been a member here for 6 years, so I think I'm an established member, I may not post a lot, but I don't think that should count against me. It's obvious I didn't register just to spam the boards. Do you think I went overboard with the screenshots? I've just cut it down to 5 small ones.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 28, 2009, 08:28 PM

See the "established members" part? So far you have 14 posts, which hardly makes you an "established member, despite the length of time you've been a member. Based only on time, someone who registered a long time ago and never posted (there are a lot of such members) would be "established" yet have no track record of appropriate behavior, responsible posting and so on.

Yes, I think you did go overboard with the screen shots. Are those REALLY screenshots? Or are they the artwork you based your visuals on?

naevity  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2009, 08:33 PM

I disagree with you on being established. secondly, it still doesn't say anywhere you need mod approval.

and yes, those really are screenshots, which you would have known if you actually read my original post. so please stop trolling and move on.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by naevity View Post
so please stop trolling and move on.
Who the f**k are you ?

I should have reported you as a spammer from the get go.
With this attitude, you won't last long around here...

-t

naevity  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2009, 09:09 PM

Yes, I think you did go overboard with the screen shots. Are those REALLY screenshots? Or are they the artwork you based your visuals on?

How is that not a troll?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 28, 2009, 09:25 PM

How is that not a troll?
You are either new to the internet, or not very smart.
Calling an Admin a troll will never get you far.

And no, Glenn is no troll, for sure.

-t

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 28, 2009, 09:47 PM

How is that not a troll?
The pictures you provide look exactly like (not "a good simulation of") coloring pencils on graph paper. Is that actually what you posted pictures of, or does your app really look like that on a real iPhone? That's my question, it's legitimate, and you still haven't answered it.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Oct 29, 2009, 04:32 AM

and yes, those really are screenshots, which you would have known if you actually read my original post. so please stop trolling and move on.
Reported.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Glenn is an admin here and he's doing his job. A job he's actually known to do very well.

He asked you politely, he actually even complimented you on your work. But instead of answering in an equally polite way, you felt the urge to attack him. Consider yourself lucky you dealt with a guy as laid back as Glenn. Many others would have had you banned for acting that way.

sideus
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2009, 07:01 AM

I bought it. Yeah it does look like the screenshots but the game is not that great.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 31, 2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by sideus View Post
I bought it. Yeah it does look like the screenshots...
Thanks for clarifying that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules