Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > No video motion on FCP

No video motion on FCP
Bill Kinkle
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2004, 12:41 PM

I opened up a project today in FCP I have been working on and all of a sudden when I play back the timeline I cannot see any video, only the last frame that was shown. The sound plays back throughout the sequence just no video. I have not changed any settings, it worked fine yesterday, just not today. Any suggestions? I am using FCP 4.1.1 a DP450 G4, 1.5 gigs of ram and a matrox RTMac card, OSX 10.2.8. Thanks.
Quad G5 1.5 gig 12 inch PB Lots of other stuff.

http://www.billkinkle.com

beanbag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2004, 02:30 PM

I am using a matrox RTMac card[/B]
There's your problem. I was also one of the suckers who bought that piece of crap. The drivers have never really been finalised for OSX, and god knows when Panther drivers will be avaliable.
Turn off anything Matrox-related, then turn it back on again and it should fix it, but your problems will come back (mine did). One thing I found was that with FCP set to handle realtime effects, you'd get no playback through the Matrox card, so you might wanna check that out. Trash FCP preferences is another fix.
One other thing - your computer is below the min system requirements for FCP4 (minimum is 500Mhz) - does it give you any other problems?

Next month I'm upgrading to a G5 and the Matrox card is going in the trash - doesn't seem like you can even give them away these days. Matrox seriously ****ed up with that card - thry've let it become obsolete way too quickly.

Bill Kinkle  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2004, 02:45 PM

Thanks I will try that. I am using a dual 450 G4 I think a single 500 of less won't work, but dual processors are ok, its worked pretty well so far.

Bill Kinkle  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2004, 02:50 PM

Thanks I will try that. I am using a dual 450 G4 I think a single 500 of less won't work, but dual processors are ok, its worked pretty well so far.

Forum Links
Forum Rules