Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Horrid Relationships

Horrid Relationships
Y3a
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2006, 09:25 PM

I'm just getting out of one. VERY LUCKY I didn't marry this woman!

She dyes hair hair blonde, and claims to be blonde. She gets up at 5am to do her hair & make-up and get a quicky tub bath at 7:15am gets dressed and gone by 7:20.

She hates her job, and comes home, takes ANOTHER BATH, gets in her jammies and eats dinner(I prepared). I must walk HER dog in the evenings. She has a dogwalker do it during the day. She lays on the couch and doesn't want me to look at her as we eat.

We've NEVER had house guests because my black sofa is cloth, hers in leather, and she's embarrassed because it doesn't match!! NO GUESTS in 16 months.

Her folks love her dog, but the dog has to be taken there to them or they meet me at the local iHop. The dog must sleep between us so getting close is difficult. She won't fool around on the couch - the dog will see. The dog has over 200 toys. Eats baked chicken, rice and veggies mixed. Gormet dog treats only. Dog has rain coat, halloween costumes and christmas collar with bells, and even a mood stone collar! Dog gets loud kisses every morning. I get ZERO.

We've fought over stupid stuff like me flipping channels when she was asleep, and I was watching American Chopper when she woke up and went to bed, slamming the BR door saying she hated that program, it was too loud!?! She caught some feminine infection so we couldn't fool around for several weeks. She THEN had her period, and then after all that, never told me when she was better. She kept telling ME that she didn't thing the meds fixed the 1st problem. THIS dragged on for another month. Then she was mad because I had no interest in her. I didn't wanna start what may not be able to be completed. She brought it up out of nowhere, and then slammed the BR door. I had to sleep on the floor of my office.

I had done a very high paying consulting gig, and sold my little townhouse to move in with her in a single level house so the DOG didnt have stairs to climb and I had a LOT of money left after all that, so I could take my time in getting a fulltime 'regular' job. She was mad becuse ALL the money wasn't for her to spend decorating the house. She spent $3K on the bedroom, $5K on the dining room, before SHE got a job.

She quit the job because her bosses were playing 'mind games' with her. So she looked for another job, while I kept looking, taking the ACHDS class and test. She got her second job in Sept.

We went to counciling. didn't help. She was even more miserable. Didn't want to hardly talk to me until I was working a full time job.

When I did consulting My business partner would always find us work, but the former fiance' hated the partner, so I couldn't talk to her any more, or my best friend whos a big sales VP at a computer company. I couldn't use any of my network. She said I had to do it like the way she got her admin jobs. NOT to mention Mac's since nobody used 'em, buy a new suit, since a classy one from 2 years earlier was too old. Also I wasn't suppose to talk about techy stuff. Well I just took a job that I interviewed in my old suit, doing MAc support, and I had to talk tech stuff.

She tells her friends she DESERVES to be on a pedastal.
She says she's ENTITLED to things without being married.
She tells and screams and hits but never discusses problems we have.

What hideous relationships have you escaped??
( Last edited by Y3a; Apr 4, 2006 at 10:07 AM. )

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Apr 1, 2006, 09:58 PM

And happy April Fool's Day to you too!

And in the off chance you were serious...I'm curious as to what kept you in a cohabitating relationship with this woman for 16 months?

I would have second-guessed the relationship as soon as I found out she had over 200 toys for her dog...

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 1, 2006, 10:02 PM

Maybe those weren't dog toys.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2006, 10:04 PM

I'm just getting out of one. VERY LUCKY I didn't marry this woman! She dyes hair hair blonde, and claims to be blonde.
For the record, it's BLEACH hair blonde. If she has white hair then yes, she ADDS color to hair...dyes it.

But if she has brown hair and is making it LIGHTER then it's BLEACHING her hair, see?

That always annoys me when people say "dyes her hair blonde."

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Maybe those weren't dog toys.
I think Kevin is onto something here...this would also explain the lack of intimate attention!

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 1, 2006, 10:53 PM

BTW Y3a. learn to use paragraphs.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2006, 02:04 AM

Y3a, that is difficult to sort through. All relationships are frustrating, my current one included. I guess sometimes you just need to step up and confront or conflict.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2006, 02:45 AM

yuo were the steppee weretn yuo?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 12:30 AM

Gosh, I didn't even read it because of that. What a waste of letters...

-t

volcano
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck
Gosh, I didn't even read it because of that. What a waste of letters...

-t
Same here. All I see is one gigantic blob of words.

I did catch the word 'iHop' (spelled as such) in there though, and it made me grin.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2006, 03:17 AM

What? You can't read words?

It's the same amount of words whether or not there are spaces between the sentences.

geez. It isn't difficult to read if you know how to read.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 03:19 AM

therearegrammaticalandstylisticrulesintheenglishla nguageforareasonspliffdaddy.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2006, 08:06 AM

Because some folks have poor reading skills?

Look, the writer shouldn't have to provide the entertainment *and* spoon-feed it to you, as well.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 08:24 AM

I get it now... ...Salty has stolen Y3a's paragraph skillz!
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 10:38 AM

I'm in a horrid one just now
A Jew with a view.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2006, 10:50 AM

You are only to blame for the sh!t you take from any woman. I say this knowing full well I've been led around by the balls before (and will be again).

Edited for preciseness
( Last edited by Dakar; Apr 3, 2006 at 11:07 AM. )

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar
You are only to blame for the sh!t you take from any woman. I say this knowing full well I've been led around by the balls before.

You're so right, but I never learn my lesson... my friends say I'm an easy target.. I'm actually sick of it, but trying to take time out from seeing women is hard for me, weird,
A Jew with a view.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 3, 2006, 10:55 AM

People who willingly stay in bad relationships only have themselves to blame.

(This of course excludes people who stay in abusive relationships because their sense of self worth has been so eroded that they feel they 'deserve' what they're getting.)

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
People who willingly stay in bad relationships only have themselves to blame.
Yeah, that is true. My problem stems from lack of self-confidence in that area. Not that I find it hard it to meet women, but I tend to accept the first thing that comes along, only to be gutted a bit later.

Latest example is meeting a girl quite far from me, way down in England (I'm in Scotland). I've never done the Net relationship thing, but this one time I did. For months we spoke, we grew together, shared many things then finally met. What a mistake that was. I should have booked into a B&B because she totally panicked when I got to hers (she's been single for years(. She couldn't handle me being around, I offered to go, and asked if it was me that was the problem - she said no, but having a male around was a big shock to her. She asked me to stay, and I did. It was pleasant but uncomfortable. She says she wants to take things slowly now, but it's so hard because of how we expressed things via the phone, met etc. and it feels like it's all gone now. But I'm giving her the space to get used to things, but it leaves me wondering.

I just wish I could meet someone who was uncomplicated etc,.
A Jew with a view.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by version
Latest example is meeting a girl quite far from me, way down in England (I'm in Scotland). I've never done the Net relationship thing, but this one time I did. For months we spoke, we grew together, shared many things then finally met. What a mistake that was. I should have booked into a B&B because she totally panicked when I got to hers (she's been single for years(. She couldn't handle me being around, I offered to go, and asked if it was me that was the problem - she said no, but having a male around was a big shock to her. She asked me to stay, and I did. It was pleasant but uncomfortable. She says she wants to take things slowly now, but it's so hard because of how we expressed things via the phone, met etc. and it feels like it's all gone now. But I'm giving her the space to get used to things, but it leaves me wondering.

I just wish I could meet someone who was uncomplicated etc,.
Nowt complicated about that. She didn't fancy you, simple as that. You can't argue with biological chemistry, no matter how much technology and the "but it's what's inside that counts" BS prevails.

Of course, it's actually a little more complex than that, since even the ugliest guy can get a hot chick when the correct attitude is applied.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Nowt complicated about that. She didn't fancy you, simple as that. You can't argue with biological chemistry, no matter how much technology and the "but it's what's inside that counts" BS prevails.

Yeah, that's what I though too, but she's asking me to come down again. I asked her if that was it, but she said no. Now I'd have thought that was just her being polite, and unable to say it for a few reasons, but she's still blowing hot and cold. I'm just walking, though, too much of a mind****.
A Jew with a view.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 3, 2006, 03:19 PM

she's been single for years
No offence, but if that doesn't set your alarm off, then what does?

I mean, we all have times of non attachment and that's healthy and good for a while, but years is pushing it. There's usually a reason for that. Keep an eye on the bunny if you decide to see her again.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 03:19 PM

Good for you. I TLDRed the original post, but from the sound of it, you're better off.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
No offence, but if that doesn't set your alarm off, then what does?

Oh, there was quite a few things about her that kinda make me think... but those appeared a bit later after I kinda put my heart into it. She told me she lives in a bit of a fantasy world (mad); and she has been physically abused in a couple of past relationships. She suffers from major panic attacks.

Her reason for freaking out when I got there was that she'ss o not used to having another person around and wasn't used to sharing her space, but she just needed time. Now, I'm not one for being overly judgemental, especially when someone has had a **** life, but to be honest, I really don't need the drama in mine, I'm perfectly capable of wrecking my own head without her doing it.

Still, I know she's a bit messed up (her words), but I'm a sucker that way.
A Jew with a view.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Good for you. I TLDRed the original post, but from the sound of it, you're better off.

Cheers, but it's hard, though. Emotions, a bloody killer.
A Jew with a view.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:26 PM

Y3a - apologies for the thread hijack.
A Jew with a view.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2006, 03:27 PM

Still, I know she's a bit messed up (her words), but I'm a sucker that way.
At the very least tell us she was gorgeous; I think many of us have been duped by a pretty face.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2006, 03:28 PM

Y3a - apologies for the thread hijack.
Y3a was likely drunk when he posted this. Perhaps he doesn't even remember it (he hasn't been back since he first created the thread).

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
At the very least tell us she was gorgeous; I think many of us have been duped by a pretty face.

yeah, she's stunning lol. My kinda girl, too. It's doing my head in how we went from total passion, love, deepest feelings to her being like someone I don;t know while she says she needs to gather her thoughts and take things slowly.

I do think she was genuinely taken aback by me coming into her world, she's a right wee nervy thing, and doesn't take any change easily.

Still, live and learn, but bugger knows what to learn from this, just want to know what really went on in her head.
A Jew with a view.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 03:33 PM

Y3a was likely drunk when he posted this. Perhaps he doesn't even remember it (he hasn't been back since he first created the thread).

lmao, so an atypical 'NN thread
A Jew with a view.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2006, 04:04 PM

Yeah, that's what I though too, but she's asking me to come down again. I asked her if that was it, but she said no. Now I'd have thought that was just her being polite, and unable to say it for a few reasons, but she's still blowing hot and cold. I'm just walking, though, too much of a mind****.
Arhh... ...so she's mental then. Never mind. No real need to walk either - as long as you don't get to emotionally involved there's no harm in seeing where it goes.

version
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Arhh... ...so she's mental then. Never mind. No real need to walk either - as long as you don't get to emotionally involved there's no harm in seeing where it goes.

Haha, yeah. I'm trying to take my emotions away from the situation, not text her so much, etc. But when I don't, she gets upset I'm not talking to her. Yeah, this isn't good, I really don't need a mixed-up girl right now in my life - had too many of them before.

Still, my friend Becky is having a house-warming party this weekend, full of female teachers so might be the time for a little mischief, but I'm going to sort this out with the current girl first.
A Jew with a view.

Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
Because some folks have poor reading skills?

Look, the writer shouldn't have to provide the entertainment *and* spoon-feed it to you, as well.
Lol, you're hilarious. Har har.

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 04:50 PM

I've been there and haven't looked back.

Someday you'll look back on this and laugh.

Okay, no you won't but you might.

Y3a  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 10:04 AM

I'M BAAAACK!!!

UPDATE:

Decided, after talking with her to "TRY AGAIN" . We agreed to never go to bed mad, and to share thoughts and impressions when we seemed to be heading for an agruement. We agreed to keep everyone else outta our beeswax if we had a dissagreement. we agreed to let everything that happened last year go away/be forgotten. We decided to try to get back the romance we had before 'the dark times'

We are both working to make sure we succeed. Life has been better.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a
I'M BAAAACK!!!

UPDATE:

Decided, after talking with her to "TRY AGAIN" . We agreed to never go to bed mad, and to share thoughts and impressions when we seemed to be heading for an agruement. We agreed to keep everyone else outta our beeswax if we had a dissagreement. we agreed to let everything that happened last year go away/be forgotten. We decided to try to get back the romance we had before 'the dark times'

We are both working to make sure we succeed. Life has been better.
Did she agree to make you more important than the dog and his 200 toys?

Methinks you will be back on here in 6 months time complaining about her again and saying this time it is "for good".
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 10:12 AM

With the indictment you made of her I find it difficult to believe you'll be able to resolve most of those issues.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 10:23 AM

I'm with d & D; honestly, we expect a longer, even less intelligible post over how great things are in the relationship and why it's worth giving another go.

Kr0nos
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a
Decided, after talking with her to "TRY AGAIN" .

LOL. You gotta be kidding, right?! I just read your initial post and am still in disbelief you ever went out with her in the first place…wow.

Good luck…I guess.

If I change my way of living, and if I pave my streets with good times, will the mountain keep on giving…

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 10:32 AM

>We've NEVER had house guests because my black sofa is cloth, hers in leather, and she's embarrassed because it doesn't match!! NO GUESTS in 16 months.
>She tells her friends she DESERVES to be on a pedastal.
...and she avoids having nookie with you.

That alone would be enough for me to end a relationship. I don't care if its Tyra F'ing Banks, what's the point? This is the type of person I wouldn't be surprised if they cheated on me.

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 12:42 PM

One thing about disfunctional relationships is it takes two to tango...

analogika
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by keekeeree
Quoted for emphasis.

And again, for emphasis.

And again, because it's true.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2006, 02:52 PM

Question: Why did you stay involved as long as you have?

Are you THAT lonely?

I feel sorry for you.

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 02:54 PM

Gah! I can't read that, please spell long words phonetically (pho·net'i·cal·ly) and please don't use acronyms, thanks.

Y3a  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 04:02 PM

Some of the reasons for our bad behavior are gone.

Cody, I lived by myself for over 15 years because I really don't like most people. She was a good friend until we started dating. We grew to love each other when both of us lived by ourselves, and we visited every 2-3 weeks for teh weekend. We were dealing with many changes, lots of stress, and now, finally things are starting to become 'normal'. We are both hoping this will help, and paying more attention to each other.

Todd Madson
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 04:12 PM

The BS about no visitors due to mismatched couches and the dog emphasis - I knew
a couple (now broken up) who had just that problem.

They lived together for a few years and split up. Then they both met other people
and got married to those people. So it could lead to good things if it blows up.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2006, 04:14 PM

I stayed in a bad relationship for a long time because I really loved the person and was worried about what would happen to her if we split up. Well, we split up and she became a junkie. Good times.

At any rate, she has since pulled her life together and is doing well, so I'm hoping for the best. Even though we haven't been together for 7 years and I'm married, I still love her. Not like I love my wife, but more like a sister. Anyway, I'm not sure what the point of this is, I guess just that people stay in bad relationships for different reasons.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2006, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
>We've NEVER had house guests because my black sofa is cloth, hers in leather, and she's embarrassed because it doesn't match!! NO GUESTS in 16 months.
>She tells her friends she DESERVES to be on a pedastal.
...and she avoids having nookie with you.

That alone would be enough for me to end a relationship. I don't care if its Tyra F'ing Banks, what's the point? This is the type of person I wouldn't be surprised if they cheated on me.
Furthermore, after she cheated she would expect you to not be mad or upset because "I didn't do it to hurt you."

Run. Forrest. Run.

There's a pretty skirt-wearing redhead out there - with all her sanity intact. But you won't find her by playing second fiddle to some crazy chick's pet dog.

I'll tell you a secret. Go on a cruise. By yourself. It doesn't much matter where. Cruise ships are full of single girls and couples. There are like no single dudes. It's like having prom night for a solid week.

Forum Links
Forum Rules