Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Best Anti-Virus Software for Panther?

Best Anti-Virus Software for Panther?
Moke
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 01:51 AM

I know there aren't allot of Mac type viruses around but I won't feel safe surfing/e-mailing till I get an anti virus program for Panther 10.3.2. I've recieved multiple copies of the dreaded Windows 'doom' virus on my Windows machine each and every day.

I've Googled the subject but am still unsure mostly because it appears Symantecs Norton 9xx is buggy and causing many problems and McAfee I've yet to discover anything which will work. I want the Live Update type feature in whatever software I buy.

Any reccomendations appreciated.
Thanks.

peterthorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 12, 2004, 10:38 AM

It's a bit tricky to recommend, as it is very hard to find a virus for OS X. I just use the .mac Virex 7.x, but as there are no vira, I don't know how well it works! But the live update feature etc seems to work fine... ;-)

Peter

Forum Links
Forum Rules