Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > O.S. 9.X w/Bell Atlantic DSL ?

O.S. 9.X w/Bell Atlantic DSL ?
Stubenville
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2000, 09:47 AM

I've got a new G4 arriving today. Over the weekend, I tried to get all the software updates that I might need. Well, the Bell Atlantic DSL web site says they support only up to O.S. 8.6, with a solution for O.S. 9 coming "mid-February". BA does have an "unsupported" update to MacPoet 1.1 available for download. Has anyone reading this list found a workaround for this clueless ISP? (I'm stuck with them 'cause my employer pays for DSL to telecommute.)

TIA,

Stubenville

Stubenville  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2000, 10:00 AM

Oops...

I just discovered an existing thread on this from a few weeks ago which answers most of my questions (install the BA software, install MacPoet upgrade, reinstall BA registration software (only), etc.)

If anyone has additional info or tips, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Sorry to waste bandwith...

Stubenville

Fdanna
Mar 13, 2000, 07:17 PM

Because I didn't want to have that crappy bell atlantic software on my computer, I just downloaded the MacPOET 1.1 and did all the registering on my windows laptop from work. Then I just configured acording to the readme that came with macpoet. No problems, works great.

Forum Links
Forum Rules