Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Question re: Amazon and Applecare

Question re: Amazon and Applecare
stavrosbezas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 2, 2006, 10:08 AM

This week Amazon has/had a deal on the new Macbook with a $100 rebate that put the whole purchase less than the Apple store with the education discount. The interesting thing is that I was able to add Applecare (albeit more expensive, but altogether cheaper) but it was shipped from "Small Dog Electronics." Is this still legitimite coverage of my Macbook being that they aren't purchased from the same vendor? How does Applecare work, can I walk into the Apple store after purchasing my Macbook from Amazon and buy it there or does it have to be bundled with the purchase?

I want to make certain that my new purchase will get the fabulous support I have heard of from Applecare but want to make certain of the ground rules first!

Thanks for the information in advance.

Stavros

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jun 2, 2006, 10:48 AM

You can get Applecare anytime before the first year runs out. It doesn't matter from which store.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

Forum Links
Forum Rules