Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto Rolls

iPhoto Rolls
tavilach
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2005, 12:29 AM

Many times, I drag a folder into iPhoto to import pictures. I didn't realize that it creates a roll with the same name as that folder. Is there any way to rename those rolls?
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2005, 04:25 AM

Yep. If you turn on film rolls when viewing your Library - just click on the film roll itself, and you can rename it in the info pane.

tavilach  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2005, 08:33 PM

I can't seem to find that functionality. When I click the film roll name, it then highlights all the photos on the roll, and the info pane displays lots of "--"'s. I'm using iPhoto 5.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

PurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2005, 04:52 AM

Click the film roll name. The roll, and all the photos in it will highlight. The 'Title' (first field in the info field) is the name of the roll. Click next to the word Title to edit the roll name.

tavilach  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2005, 03:25 PM

Photo Info:

Image:

Width: --
Height: --
etc.

File:

Name: --
Size: --
etc.

bewebste
Senior User
Sep 19, 2005, 05:43 PM

Click the "i" button in the lower left to reveal the "info pane", where you can edit roll/photo info. You're looking at the "info window", which you bring up with command-I, and displays different info than the "info pane". And yes, this is confusing and dumb. Yay iPhoto.

frdmfghtr
Senior User
Dec 25, 2005, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by bewebste
Click the "i" button in the lower left to reveal the "info pane", where you can edit roll/photo info. You're looking at the "info window", which you bring up with command-I, and displays different info than the "info pane". And yes, this is confusing and dumb. Yay iPhoto.
Thanks, I had the same problem and that worked. Too bad the iPhoto help on the subject doesn't match reality!

Forum Links
Forum Rules