Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I need a BT mouse for my powerbook?

I need a BT mouse for my powerbook?
Sakino
Senior User
Sep 15, 2005, 06:39 PM

What happened with logitech's line of BT mouses? I wanted to get one for my powerboook, but it seems as if the one they have is kind of crapy one. Didnt they used to offer an mx900? What happened to that? I seen that they still offered it on amazon and was thinking about picking it up. I'm assuming it will work with out the cradle and all the button should work.

There any other mouses out there that are decent for a powerbook?
The only game I would be using this mouse with is when I play WoW. I don't think that will be a huge issue because it doesn't require fast movements all the time.
( Last edited by Sakino; Sep 15, 2005 at 06:50 PM. )

bighead
Senior User
Sep 15, 2005, 08:40 PM

I've used the BT500 from Bluetake, also sold by RadTech.us and I liked it quite a bit. Once my current wireless mouse dies, I'm going for that one. I'd go for it. Not a "ricer" mouse by any stretch, but it seems pretty usable and is conveniently small.
the bighead

- MacBook Pro 15" matte non-unibody 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, 120/SSD & 750GB/7200
- PM G4 Dual 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1x320 boot, 1x2TB TM Backup - 2x1TB & 2x3TB Archive/Backup

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2005, 10:52 PM

I use this one from Kensington:

The Think Outside is cool too, and smaller:

mad cow disease
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 02:51 AM

The MX900 is still offered.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B0000CEPDF

Two thumbs up for logitech stuff.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2005, 06:58 AM

I had the MX900 and I hated it, maybe its a function of being BT but the tracking was horrible, and (at least when I bought it) it didn't support OSX. Yes it worked when you paired the mouse to the computer but no drivers were included or downloadable to reconfigure the mouse. This may have changed since I bought it and returned it.

irregardless of the driver issue, I found the tracking way too jerky.

DylanG
Sep 16, 2005, 02:28 PM

I have no problems with the tracking of my MX900. My only complaint is that it sometimes can take 5 seconds or so to start working when I wake my PB from sleep. I don't know if this is a problem with the mouse or OS X. Oh, and the obligatory complaint about the lack of an on/off button.

ControllerMate is a good program for mapping the extra buttons.

rasmusnet
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2005, 05:18 AM

I just got the Logitech MX1000 two weeks ago. Even though it's not BT as I thought when I ordered it online, it's still a good mouse. Actually it must be one of the best mice I've worked with, it's very precise and the Logitech software works with OSX and makes it possible to program all 8 buttons. It fits the hand well wich makes it comfortable to use. It has an on/off button, if you need it. Only problem is that it needs to stay connected to a USB-plug but I am learning to live with that. I haven't noticed any sleep delay. I don't use it for games, just websufing, Word and a little Excel.
It's still running on the first charge and according to the build in battery indicator it will still last for a while eventhough It's been used several hours a day.
If you can live with the USB-issue I will recommend you buy this mouse.
Bstrgds, Rasmusnet

Forum Links
Forum Rules