Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iDVD 4 encoding issues with iMac

iDVD 4 encoding issues with iMac
Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2004, 12:14 AM

I'm trying to encode and burn a DVD with iDVD 4. I'm having problems with the background encoding and/or the encoding that occurs when the burning process is initiated (stage 2).

Firstly, background encoding doesn't finish encoding all my imported Quicktime movies. It stalls in one of the movies, and the entire background encoding process dies. Secondly, in stage 2 of the burning process, the same thing happens--iDVD appears to stall and nothing happens even after leaving the computer for hours. I've tried encoding in both Best Quality and Best Performance, both don't work.

I've read that hard drive space is critical for iDVD. When I first tried this, I had 6 GB free. I increased it to 12 GB free and still the same problems occurred. I've deleted my preference file, with no effect.

Has anyone come across this in a similar Mac as my iMac (specs below)? Does anyone have a workaround that doesn't involve using other programs besides iDVD? How can I force the encoding process to continue?

Thanks in advance..
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Forum Links
Forum Rules