Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Focusrite launches second-gen Scarlett USB audio interfaces

Focusrite launches second-gen Scarlett USB audio interfaces
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 10, 2016, 10:00 AM

Focusrite has launched its second-generation Scarlett range of USB audio interfaces. The range is comprised of six new interfaces with the fastest USB performance the company has been able to offer to data, as low as 2.74ms with sample rates up to 192kHz. Thanks to a partnership with Avid, the new interfaces also ship with a free version of Avid's Pro Tools including 12 additional plug-ins that will appeal to guitarists and those looking to simulate tape echo.

Key features of the new Scarlett second-generation USB audio interfaces include new mic preamps with greater linear gain structure for more accurate setting of levels. They also offer 24-bit/192kHz conversion coupled with a real-world dynamic range up to 109dB, while the new ultra-low latency lets users perform and record using effects in real-time, without digital signal processing. The newly designed instrument inputs are designed to handle hot pick-ups. In addition to the free version of Pro Tools, users will also find Ableton Live Lite, Softube's Time and Tone bundle and 2GB of Loopmaster's samples.
The bus-powered range of Scarlett USB audio interfaces are available immediately, while the Scarlett 6i6, 18i8 and 18i20 will arrive later in June. They are all Mac and PC compatible and have been tested to work across all major digital audio workstations (DAWs).

Forum Links
Forum Rules