Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > talk about Apple's Mail app.

talk about Apple's Mail app.
jeffhot
Senior User
Sep 19, 2000, 01:13 PM

I haven't got OS X Beta yet, but I'm really curious about the Mail app. I've read about contact importing problems, no reply indication, but what else?

I've always reservedly liked OE, but would love to switch to something better, unless I decide to get office and then would hate to undermine it's integration.

Is there a favorites folder like address book in OS X like I heard talk there would be? Multiple accounts in the Mail app?

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2000, 01:43 PM

Multiple READ accounts, not multiple OUTGOING accounts. This bugs me. I've already written to them about it. I have three email addresses and I'd like to pick and choose which address I use. Besides that, I like the app a lot. Better than Outlook? Can't tell yet, I've only had OS X installed for like an hour.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2000, 03:19 PM

I agree with you Starman. I think the app is pretty darn nice, but it definitely needs multiple sending addresses.

exrae
Sep 19, 2000, 04:09 PM

As a wonderful stroke of good luck, Mail.app seems to tailor to my every need. I love the interface, and it's fairly simple. I enjoy the AddressBook as well. I also have multiple POP3 accounts but only one outgoing (SMTP) account. Works great for me, but I agree that the final version should be more feature-complete

------------------

exrae "The pool on the roof must have a leak"
"The pool on the roof must have a leak"

Forum Links
Forum Rules