Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > PM G4 1.25 Dual and Mac Mini Ram the same?

PM G4 1.25 Dual and Mac Mini Ram the same?
JasonBourne
Mar 2, 2005, 08:58 PM

If its the same I'm planning to swap my ram. According to the spec. they are the same. Need help. thanks.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 2, 2005, 09:17 PM

Yes.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

JasonBourne  (op)
Mar 3, 2005, 12:00 AM

The apple store in Oakbrook IL Genius bar told me they are different. So once again they are wrong. I went there yesterday to asked some question and they don't know much . Just like asking a sales person at bestbuy.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 3, 2005, 12:05 AM

It is sad though. Because it means that either Apple is hiring under qualified people for their stores, or they are telling their qualified people to lie in order to increase sales of things like... oh, I don't know... their overpriced memory.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

bighead
Senior User
Mar 3, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by Lateralus:
It is sad though. Because it means that either Apple is hiring under qualified people for their stores, or they are telling their qualified people to lie in order to increase sales of things like... oh, I don't know... their overpriced memory.
From my experience, it is people who don't know what they are talking about.

But, contrary to popular belief, I've seen some Apple OEM RAM that was OK according to spec, but for whatever design reason did not work. Certain PC2700 SODIMMs of appropriate size, for example, would not work in all Apple portables that accepted PC2700 SODIMMs. I can't remember specifics, but it's happened.

S/he may have just been playing it safe, since a lot of people who ask the questions are less than qualified to be doing the work you're speaking of.
the bighead

- MacBook Pro 15" matte non-unibody 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, 120/SSD & 750GB/7200
- PM G4 Dual 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 1x320 boot, 1x2TB TM Backup - 2x1TB & 2x3TB Archive/Backup

Forum Links
Forum Rules