Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Well, now we know why we can't find bin Laden

Well, now we know why we can't find bin Laden
RIRedinPA
Senior User
Nov 29, 2005, 03:27 PM

Al Qaida leaders Bin Laden and al-Zarqawi haven’t been found “primarily because they don’t want us to find them and they’re going to great lengths to make sure we don’t find them,” Goss said in the interview broadcast Tuesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
OK, this isn't a partisan rant but directed at public officials in general. Why do public officials persist in making idotic statements? I mean, do they think we're all that guillable or that they are just that much more intelligent than us. (There might be something in that one, I mean we are the fools that elected them or those that appointed them).

I mean c'mon, that's just a plain out stupid statement. We can't find bin Laden because he doesn't want us to find him. No sh*t Sherlock. Are we now suppose to think that when bin Laden is captured it is because he wanted to be?

I understand oprational security and all that but please, when asked the question provide a better answer - like it's difficult to penetrate an organization like al Queda to the level where we would know where bin Laden is hiding and he also has a well established network of people who are intent on keeping him hidden from us.

Take It Outside!

Mid Atlantic Outdoors

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2005, 09:58 PM

You have to take that statement in the context of remembering who the individual is who made it. Porter Goss is just not an intellectual giant.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2005, 10:48 PM

hint: he's not in iraq

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 29, 2005, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moderator
hint: he's not in iraq
That's what they want us to think.

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2005, 10:54 PM

I, for one, am glad we have not found him.

I mean, he is the Barbie Doll the Modern World wants to play with, the reason to live for all weapon makers.

Long live OBL, for business is nothing usual without ya!

And let's make it fun! Let's make sure the rabbit can run from one hole to one hole so people feel like some work is done once in awhile!

:thumbup:
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

black bear theory
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2005, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by KarlG
You have to take that statement in the context of remembering who the individual is who made it. Porter Goss is just not an intellectual giant.
to his credit, porter goss is making big changes at the CIA.
CIA Realizes It's Been Using Black Highlighters All These Years

he's also on tape looking very suprised when bush says that the CIA is working very hard on finding OBL. maybe he's not trying?
Earth First! we'll mine the other planets later.

Forum Links
Forum Rules