Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How to uninstall software and erase registration

How to uninstall software and erase registration
Berberman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2007, 10:14 AM

I installed Logic Express 7 on my machine. I now want to uninstall it cause it's kinda of buggy but it seems to remember my serial number. I want to uninstall it as to start from new, entering serial number and all.

H O W ??

thanks a bazillion

Cold Warrior
Feb 4, 2007, 12:45 PM

I've never installed Logic, but behavior like this is similar to other apps - hidden and/or invisible folders or pref files. You might search your Preferences folder for Logic pref files, and also the Application Support (inside your ~/Library folder) for any additional Logic files.

JKT
Professional Poster
Feb 4, 2007, 01:31 PM

The other place to look is the root level /Library/Application Support folder. Licences shouldn't ever be hidden - you need to be able to back them up!

If the software uses a .pkg installer you can run through the installation process up 'til the point where you are asked for a hard drive to install it onto. Select a drive, then go to the File menu and choose Show Files. This will give you a listing of the files and the locations they are installed to.

Berberman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2007, 04:30 PM

OK so after deleting the app and deleting the folder under /Library/Application Suppor/Logic, it still remembers my serial number... Anyone has a solution?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2007, 04:47 PM

Take a look at Apple's Knowledge Base article on the subject and see if it helps. The last item sounds like the most relevant, since it suggests you'll need to re-enter your serial.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Berberman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2007, 06:03 PM

thanks for the help guys. I chose to save my pkg and dmg files on an external drive and delete everything that showed logic as part of the file name. Worked well. Logic express is now reinstalled and working with no bugs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules