Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Printing/Saving to PDF from Safari breaks those features for every app

Printing/Saving to PDF from Safari breaks those features for every app
fraeone
Nov 18, 2003, 05:06 PM

Yikes. If I try to print, or save to pdf, or preview from Safari (running 10.3.1) It shrinks the entire page into a little thumbnail in the lower left hand corner of the PDF. If I try to print, with or without the preview, that's what I get. The worst part is, after attempting it in Safari, it causes the same behavior in all my other applications until I restart.

I have an Epson 820 Printer, for which I have already reinstalled the drivers. Anybody have any idea what I can do?

Also if there is a way just to restart print services it might solve the problems without restarting, but that's certainly not a fix.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Nov 18, 2003, 05:12 PM

Yowza. You are right. Not good.
I, ASIMO.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2003, 05:33 PM

Wait, this is happening with Panther and Safari 1.1? Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

cambro
Senior User
Nov 18, 2003, 05:34 PM

I don't seem to have this problem in 10.3.1. However, the preview/pdf of the web page is pretty crappy. Specifically, the web page is too narrow horizontally, regardless of what it looks like in the browser window.

fraeone  (op)
Nov 18, 2003, 08:39 PM

Well, I erased a bunch of .plist files that looked like they might be related, and cleaned up some other things that I didn't think I needed. The behavior seems to have gone away.

I still have one problem though, when I share the printer from the windows machine, if I try and print to it, I get incomplete printouts. ie it prints half the page, and then spits it out, despite the print service still looking like it's running. Bizarre. I just realized that Epson has some printer driver stuff for os x, which I thought was built in, so I'm going to try that next.

Forum Links
Forum Rules