Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > dumb apple tv question

dumb apple tv question
mkral
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 25, 2008, 09:48 PM

I'm sure this has been answered before, but a search didn't pull up any results. If I buy/rent movies & TV shows on the apple TV, will they sync with my iphone? I just assumed this would be the case, but in doing some apple tv research, I came across a posting somewhere from a guy who was unable to move some of his content from the apple tv to his itunes/ipod. Is this a restriction that you can't move HD movie rentals over to to itunes/ ipod, or can you not move any content in that direction, or did this guy just have something set up wrong.

Thanks

Parky
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2008, 10:09 AM

You can't move rented content from Apple TV to iTunes.
You can move from iTunes to Apple TV.

You cannot get content that you rented on the Apple TV on to your iPod.
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2008, 10:11 AM

Thank you!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 31, 2008, 11:43 AM

Note that Parky referred only to rented content. Content purchased on AppleTV is automatically synced back to iTunes.

mkral  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2008, 02:47 PM

Tooki,

Thanks for the clarification. Although it was clearly listed, I did miss the rental thing. That makes a lot of sense.

Forum Links
Forum Rules