Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Refurbished PB's

Refurbished PB's
inthefresh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2004, 12:16 PM

Would you buy a refurbished Pb from some place like overstock or would you just buy it from the apple store? I was thinking of buying a pb, but would like to keep my costs down. Is is worth it to buy an older refurbished pb or do the benefits of buying a new, faster, more expensive pb out weigh the costs? I've never really used an apple as i've been raised up by windows but i'm getting sick of it and want to try something new.

btw great site with very informative info. Thanks in advance for replies.

jstein
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2004, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by inthefresh:
Would you buy a refurbished Pb from some place like overstock or would you just buy it from the apple store? I was thinking of buying a pb, but would like to keep my costs down. Is is worth it to buy an older refurbished pb or do the benefits of buying a new, faster, more expensive pb out weigh the costs? I've never really used an apple as i've been raised up by windows but i'm getting sick of it and want to try something new.

btw great site with very informative info. Thanks in advance for replies.

Inthefresh, first I would like to welcome you to the wonderful world of Apple. Second you can not really go wrong with buying a refurb Powerbook. Depending on where you order your machine from you can end up with a current PB. Keep in mind refurb does not always mean an old machine. Companies such as Apple, Smalldog etc etc, receive machines that are barely used because someone may have bought a 12 inch PB and now they want or 15 inch or 17 inch ......

Also buying a refurb especially from the Apple Store, you get all the perks of buying a new machine as far warranty and things are concern.... Just take your time do a little research and you will be find. Keep us posted on how things go for you........

Voch
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 01:37 PM

refurbs! I got my refurb PowerBook two years ago from Apple.

Voch

Forum Links
Forum Rules