Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1 Oddities....

OS 9.1 Oddities....
presspics
Feb 3, 2001, 02:06 PM

Since updating to 9.1 (clean install) I have a couple of *small* problems. First , the built in calculator will not work anymore.It gives me an out of memory warning even though I have 384MB in my G4 . Also the Sherlock link in the toolbar of Internet Explorer 5 no longer works. I have run TechTool 3, Disk First Aid, Zapped the PRAM and Rebuilt the Desktop all to no avail. Anyone else have these problems or know how to fix them. I know they are minor problems , but they are the only ones I have and I would like to solve them and have no problems. Thanks

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2001, 04:04 PM

make sure that sherlock is actually still installed on your machine. when i updated to 9.1 my sherlock disappeared and i had to extract it from the disc image.

-r.

presspics  (op)
Feb 3, 2001, 04:56 PM

Sherlock is still there and it still works fine. It' s as if IE5 has a dead alias to Sherlock. Keep the suggestions coming though. Thanks

bil207
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2001, 06:31 PM

Look in the Apple menu Items folder and see if there is an alias for Sherlock in there.If there is remove it and replace it with either the original Sherlock app. or a copy of the original not an alias.

presspics  (op)
Feb 3, 2001, 06:49 PM

Son of a Gun !! That worked !!! Sherlock is now working again in IE5. You da' man !!! Any idea on the calculator ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules