Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Excel Worksheet Problems after 10.1.5 Update

Excel Worksheet Problems after 10.1.5 Update
Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2003, 02:58 PM

Just did the latest update to 10.1. 5. Ever since that I can't manipulate the figures in any of my current Excel files.

For example, it won't update the total amont if I change one of the numbers in the column. In fact, the X and check mark are dimmed in the formula bar after I try to make a change.

However, if I start a brand new Excel sheet all is well and I can enter and update as usual.

Any suggestions? And yes, I do have backup of all my old Excel files.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2003, 03:50 PM

repair permissions?

Kenstee  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by voyageur:
repair permissions?
Tried that. No dice.

Doerter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 7, 2003, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Kenstee:
Just did the latest update to 10.1. 5. Ever since that I can't manipulate the figures in any of my current Excel files.

For example, it won't update the total amont if I change one of the numbers in the column. In fact, the X and check mark are dimmed in the formula bar after I try to make a change.

However, if I start a brand new Excel sheet all is well and I can enter and update as usual.

Any suggestions? And yes, I do have backup of all my old Excel files.
Well, at least Excel will still launch! After I did the update, all the Office aps work except Excel... the icon bounces in the dock for a while then disappears and up pops the dialog box announcing that the application Excel had unexpectedly quit, but no other programs were affected.

I have checked for DIVX Quicktime plugins, removed font folder from System9 folder, removed Office preferences so it could recreate them, deleted Preferences:com.microsoft.excel.plist, deleted Preferences:microsoft:excel settings (10), checked for duplicate fonts in the microsoft fonts folder and the library/fonts folder, repaired disk permissions (several times). I'm running out of options (at least the ones I am familiar with). I'm about ready to say screw it
and find a different spreadsheet program. Does anybody have any other ideas????

msuper69
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2003, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by Doerter:
...Does anybody have any other ideas????
You didn't mention reinstalling Office. Try that.

Also you could have some bad spots on the hard drive. Try a disk repair utility.

Forum Links
Forum Rules