Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Has your iPhone AC adapter died yet?

View Poll Results: Has your iPhone AC adapter died?
Poll Options:
Yes 6 votes (20.00%)
No 24 votes (80.00%)
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll
Has your iPhone AC adapter died yet?
DKeithA
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2007, 08:25 AM

Apple Insider and Infinite Loop both have stories on how these are 'dropping like flies.' Has yours? Mine did yesterday.

-Q-
Jul 28, 2007, 03:55 PM

Yep, it's dead, Jim.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 28, 2007, 04:15 PM

I haven't used mine yet. I'll get back to you when I do.

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
I haven't used mine yet. I'll get back to you when I do.
Ditto, my first time to use mine will be not be for another week when I go on vacation.
Any reports from those articles (links maybe?) on what is causing this?

v1valarob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 29, 2007, 04:17 AM

Mine and my moms adapter died. Both bought at pentagon city mall in virginia at the same time. Thank god it wasn't the actual phone.

-Rob

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 29, 2007, 05:03 AM

That doesn't sound good.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2007, 08:47 AM

Mine's working fine so far, but I don't use it very often.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

DKeithA  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2007, 08:59 PM

I walked into my nearest Apple Store this afternoon and they traded out my iPhone AC adapter on the spot. No muss, no fuss.

quesera
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 30, 2007, 04:08 PM

I better start using mine instead of charging in the dock. We're traveling soon and I'd hate to have my AC adaptor die on the road.

nikoz1200
Jul 31, 2007, 10:05 AM

Mine quit working for a day. I had it plugged in for over a week, then i got to charge again from it (was using the dock in the meantime), it was inop. Unplugged it and was ready to take it to the apple store for exchange the next day, but before I took it, I tried it one more time, and it worked. Glad I tested it out, or I would have felt like a tool (moreso than usual)

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 31, 2007, 11:13 AM

Has there been any official word on this from Apple? Or are they just exchanging any that go bad and it is not a big deal?

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jul 31, 2007, 03:41 PM

I've only been charging my iPhone with the supplied AC adapter since I got it on day 2 of availability. It still works for me.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2007, 01:41 AM

My original iPhone adapter died and than came back to life a couple days later. I had to get my iPhone replaced to the camera going insane, so I got a new adqpter that has been working so far...

aerohunter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2007, 04:35 AM

mine die after 1 moth of infrequent use. I went to an Apple store, had to wait an hour or make a appointment to swap the AC adapter. it is kind of ridiculous that an appoint is needed for swapping an AC adapter. The GENIUS explained to me that he needs to do paper work and he had to help others that were waiting in line. The time he took to explain that to me could have completed the swap already. I was kind of upset cause I couldn't wait, and had to make another drive to the Apple store again later on. As I walked out of the store, I notice there are 10+ sales person wondering in the store, and only 2 GENIUS helping out people with problem, so what does say about the after sale service of Apple.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by aerohunter View Post
mine die after 1 moth of infrequent use. I went to an Apple store, had to wait an hour or make a appointment to swap the AC adapter. it is kind of ridiculous that an appoint is needed for swapping an AC adapter. The GENIUS explained to me that he needs to do paper work and he had to help others that were waiting in line. The time he took to explain that to me could have completed the swap already. I was kind of upset cause I couldn't wait, and had to make another drive to the Apple store again later on. As I walked out of the store, I notice there are 10+ sales person wondering in the store, and only 2 GENIUS helping out people with problem, so what does say about the after sale service of Apple.
While waiting for a Genius can be a pain, I doubt you'll find a better customer service company than Apple. You probably would've had to buy another AC adapter if it were another company. Or you'd have to send it in and wait a week for a replacement.

Apple's customer service isn't perfect, but its by far the best out there.

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2007, 02:16 PM

Mine died last week after a month (so change my vote in the poll above...). I took it into an Apple store and was out in 15 min with a new adapter.

While I agree that my adapter should have lasted longer, and I am concerned the new one won't last any longer than the first, the positive Apple Store experience totally makes up for it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules