Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > What?!

What?!
tyson.r
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2003, 07:31 PM

You guys are seriously depressing me. But I can't take any of these comments too seriously. Fact is if they don't announce something soon I'll be getting a dual Athlon workstation...so please, please come with it soon....I want a 970!

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
May 12, 2003, 07:40 PM

Now isn't exactly a great time to get an Athlon either, with the desktop Opteron just around the corner...

:XI:
Mac Elite
May 12, 2003, 07:48 PM

Non-Descriptive Thread Title: -1 point.
Not-all-that-relevant-to-powermacs: -1 point.
Threat to buy an Athlon: -1 Point.

Conclusion: Possible Troll.

Couldn't this have gone in one of the 970 threads already bouncing about?

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
May 14, 2003, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by itai195:
Now isn't exactly a great time to get an Athlon either, with the desktop Opteron just around the corner...
I thought Opteron is Athlon's attempt to enter the server market instead of a desktop chip for at least a year or two after initial release...but that's not the point ^_^; But yeah, the Athlon 3000+ is under heavy debate regarding it's ratings...but hey, give AMD some credit, they managed to upgrade that chip from 5 layers (i think) to 7 layer fab process while clocking the darn thing 5x faster.
Sorry 'bout trolling, i need sleep ^_^;
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

wallinbl
Professional Poster
May 14, 2003, 12:27 PM

The 3200 is the last Athlon to be released. You don't want to buy a Mac because the current G4 appears to be the last. Why buy an Athlon, considering AMD has said that this is the last one?

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
May 14, 2003, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by tyson.r:
You guys are seriously depressing me. But I can't take any of these comments too seriously. Fact is if they don't announce something soon I'll be getting a dual Athlon workstation...so please, please come with it soon....I want a 970!
kill yourself, retard. or, just go back to your loving XP boards. either way: leave here
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

mac freak
Mac Elite
May 16, 2003, 07:03 PM

Whoa there, Philzilla... not exactly helping the situation there. Or the image of Mac folk.
Be happy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules