Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WoW guilds

WoW guilds
dwood
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2005, 06:55 PM

hey anyone here on bonechewer? We have a horde guild named the rotten apples... anyone interested?
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5/100gb/768/SD/APX
MacMini goodness... want one? http://tinyurl.com/4dww8

Skip Breakfast
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2005, 04:40 PM

I'm on Doomhammer and I ain't leaving!
PowerMac G4 Gigabit 1.2GHz, 896MB, 2x 80GB WD SE, Pioneer 107, Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB

Macintosh TV

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2005, 09:34 AM

We're on Whisperwind for Alliance and Frostwolf for Horde.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

Racetrackrat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2005, 11:06 PM

On Whisperwind myself, but on the Horde side. Still have love for the Dogcows on the server though.......you guys can take satisfaction in knowing when I slay you, that I'm playing on a Mac
-Dual 2.5 Ghz Power Mac G5, 2.5 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL, 570 GB HD space
-12" iBook @ 900Mhz G3 40GB hard drive
-15GB 3G iPod, 1GB iPod Shuffle

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2005, 11:24 PM

Defenders of Aman Thul is the MacAddict guild, and they are on Whisperwind too.

-Owl

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 31, 2005, 03:25 PM

I'm on Whisperwind also.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2005, 11:14 PM

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but Veronica and me are trying to join the Dogcows and have been unsuccessful for a week. Admittedly we are slowly making contacts, but it would be really nice if any of you Veteran members from here could sponsor us so we can actually join it. Our application (Grimman and Vecha) is up on the dogcows-forums, but none of the MacNNers apparently reads them.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2005, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but Veronica and me are trying to join the Dogcows and have been unsuccessful for a week. Admittedly we are slowly making contacts, but it would be really nice if any of you Veteran members from here could sponsor us so we can actually join it. Our application (Grimman and Vecha) is up on the dogcows-forums, but none of the MacNNers apparently reads them.
Generally, members will only sponsor someone they have grouped with, since the sponsor takes responsibility for the actions of the person they sponsor. The best thing to do is do a "/who dogcow" and find someone around your level to party with.

We do have a couple of members in your half of the world though -- one on Australia and one in Hong Kong if memory serves me. I don't have a character in the level 8/9 range, but I do have a level 14 mage alt (Krashfire), and I'll be happy to quest with you should you see me online, My main (Krasher) is a level 60 protection-specced warrior and a high-level blacksmith if you have need of either in your travels.

[edit -- fixed those darn early morning typos]
( Last edited by Arkham_c; Apr 4, 2005 at 09:48 AM. )

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Apr 4, 2005, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by Arkham_c:
Generally, members will only sponsor someone they have grouped with, since the sponsor takes responsibility for the actions of the person they sponsor. The best thing to do is do a "/who dogcow" and find someone around your level to party with.

We do have a couple of members in your half of the world though -- one on Australia and one in Hong Kong if memory serves me. I don't have a character in the level 8/9 range, but I do have a level 14 mage alt (Krashfire), and I'll be happy to quest with you should you see me online, My main (Krasher) is a level 60 protection-specced warrior and a high-level blacksmith if you have need of either in your travels.

[edit -- fixed those darn early morning typos]
We grouped today with one our level (15 now already ). But the name has already escaped me. I found out about her using the /who g-dogcows command (neat). We'd be more than happy to group with you if we see you online.

We were kind of hoping from a "free" endorsement from those who already know us (or me) from the MacNN boards though

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2005, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
We were kind of hoping from a "free" endorsement from those who already know us (or me) from the MacNN boards though
The fact that they haven't done this would make me think twice about joining...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2005, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
My thoughts too.

FWIW, I changed servers and hooked up with the Keepers of the Vault on Icecrown. Great group! In fact, they're so damned helpful it's almost annoying (ie. "hey, here's some $." "can you use this blue sword?" "I've got this extra 100 bars of copper if you want it."). It's also cool how, if the someone is short on gold, they all chip in to help a person get their mount at 40.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Turias
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2005, 09:26 PM

The Whisperwind crowd is a good group! They've just had so many people apply since World of Warcraft was released that they like to party with people a few times before they are initiated into the guild. Just find a few your level and get to know them over a week or so. You should have no problem getting into the guild after that.

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 12, 2005, 12:40 PM

Exactly. Guilds are funny sometimes. I like my guild. We're a fun group, we're relatively small, and we just like hanging around with each other rather than getting all the uber crap done. I don't like guilds with all these goddamn rules where you feel like a 12 year old kid sitting at the dinner table. "Do this, don't do that. Make sure that every rare item gets offered to guild members before you put it up on the AH because we will find out (note: create an alt). You MUST group with people in your guild if they ask for it.". When my time becomes their time, it's time to leave. Phuck that.

Mike

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2005, 03:49 PM

Ack! Didn't read the applications forum for a while, nor here!

If you are not in already --erik--, drop me a message in game (sosuyou, candris, sosume) and I'll be happy to sponsor you to join!

We are a close guild, really friendly and not exclusionary or anything like that, it is just that we have expanded a fair bit, and if we don't check the boards often enough, posts tend to fly by these days!

As I say, I would be glad to sponsor you... sorry I missed your post.

I *really* hope you won't be put off, as the people in the guild are a great bunch!

MaxPower
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 13, 2005, 05:33 PM

I primarily play on the dogcows PVP server (Frostwolf). However, I can attest to the crazy number of applications the Whisperwind side; they are clogging up the forums! . One of the things that I like about the DC guild is that the mods take the time to make sure new people are Good People™. It really does make a difference when you can rely on your guildmates to have consistently good groups. After all, that's what a guild is there for – to save one another from bad pickup groups and ninja looters.

MOOF

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2005, 11:25 PM

I'm on Whisperwind with the guild "Reign of the Shadows." I always try to say Moof to my fellow MacNNers w/ the dogcows. My char is a lvl 34 hunter "Meridius"... and will stay that way for a while until finals are over in like 3 weeks... and summer begins! Anyway, I was going to attempt to join the dogcows but when I logged on to their site I saw something about them not accepting any more apps or something. So I decided that it might be best to just level up a char and then group with them when I got higher.

Meridius lvl 34 miner/engineer (252/225)
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

Cipher13
Apr 17, 2005, 10:35 AM

I'm on Ner'zhul in Pandora at the moment... several members of which I know in real life.

I'm also in the Dogcowso on Whisperwind but I don't get to play there often, given I'm sort of committed to Ner'zhul.

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2005, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by wuzup101
Anyway, I was going to attempt to join the dogcows but when I logged on to their site I saw something about them not accepting any more apps or something. So I decided that it might be best to just level up a char and then group with them when I got higher.)

We've temporarily closed the initiate process. We were growing too fast, and we want to be sure to get to know all the new people. In addition, we are in the process of absorbing another guild on WW, which will grow us even further. We want to ensure that new initiates are a good fit with our goals and personalities, so we don't end up like HERO with 500 members that don't even know each other.

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2005, 05:34 PM

Sounds good, I don't know how many people you have in my level area (35 now). Next time I really sit down to play, which probably wont be for a few weeks until after finals, I'll try to look some of you guys up. I'm quite happy with my guild now, it's relatively small and wel all know eachother fairly well. We're also have quite a few people in the 30-45 range which is good for me.

I'll always try to give you guys the MOOF though... if you seem someone looking clueless in IF saying MOOF MOOF MOOF... yeah that's probably me
Mac: 15" 1.5ghz PB w/ 128mb vid, 5400rpm 80gb, combo drive, 2gb ram
Peripherals: 20gb 4g iPod, Canon i950, Canon S230 "elph", Canon LIDE30, Logitech MX510, Logitech z5500, M-Audio Sonica Theater, Samsung 191T
PC: AMD "barton" XP @ 2.3ghz, 1gb pc3200, 9800pro 128mb, 120gb WD-SE 120gb
Xbox: 1.6, modded with X3 xecuter, slayers evoX 2.6, WDSE 120gb HDD

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 19, 2005, 09:06 AM

You're no longer accepting applications AND absorbing another guild? Good God, who runs that guild? I have enough trouble keeping track of the 50+ people WE have.

Mike

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2005, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by starman
You're no longer accepting applications AND absorbing another guild? Good God, who runs that guild? I have enough trouble keeping track of the 50+ people WE have.
We have a little over 100 members now. The new guild is about 15 people, most of which work for Apple. Our guild already has some Apple people in it, so it's a good fit for us. Part of the reason for closing new submissions is the absorption of the other guild.

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2005, 09:44 AM

Yep, we are at just over 100 people, but to be honest we all know one another well as we took the time to make sure people were welcomed, and fitted in to the guild... everyone knows everyone, and is close, so it reallly is for the most part a joy to log in!

I never thought that we would grow so big, and I think we have just about reached our limit, especially with the new 15 people, but all in all, it works out fine, and the DCs are a great (not so) little community!

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 17, 2005, 06:28 PM

Logged into the dogcows web site to apply since my guild's falling apart. Wow, you guys only take 4 initiates/month? I guess my chances are a tad low I don't have a sponsor either. I can't find your names in-game.

gbafan
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by starman
Logged into the dogcows web site to apply since my guild's falling apart. Wow, you guys only take 4 initiates/month? I guess my chances are a tad low I don't have a sponsor either. I can't find your names in-game.
type /who dogcows in game and you'll see a ton of us.

Cheers!
MacBook Pro

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 21, 2005, 08:31 PM

Hi Ca$h.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 25, 2005, 11:34 PM

Are all of the DogCows Mac gamers?
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

G Barnett
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2005, 09:34 AM

Not all of us, as we've added folks who we've played with and who are simply a good fit personality-wise, but a very large percentage of us are indeed Mac users, and a decent chunk more WANT to be Mac users.

G Barnett
Life is like a clay pigeon -- sooner or later, someone is going to shoot you down and even if they miss you'll still wind up shattered and broken in the end.

Forum Links
Forum Rules