Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to Produce a PDF Documt w/ OS-X

How to Produce a PDF Documt w/ OS-X
iSoulBrotha
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2001, 06:20 PM

I own a business(I import(commercial-grade espresso/cappuccino machines from Italy), and I have product brochures that I would like to scan(photos of the products/machines and convert them into PDFs so that I can send of to customers via e-mail as well as printing them out when I am on the road just in case I happen to run out. Can this be done? I also use AW-6.2 productivity suite, will it help having this to obtain my objective? I'm fairly new to this stuff, if the answer is long e-mail me [email protected] Thanks.
People who know, KNOW.
People who think they know, DON;T!
So thing before you answer.

dtriska
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2001, 07:18 PM

It's actually quite simple...

1) Once you have your document done in AppleWorks, select File > Print. In the print dialog, you'll see a button called "Preview." Click it.

You're document will then be "printed" to the Preview application.

2) In Preview, select File > Save As PDF�. Give your document a name, and save it to a location. That's it.

an on
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2001, 07:43 PM

It's actually quite simple...

1) Once you have your document done in AppleWorks, select File > Print. In the print dialog, you'll see a menu "Copies & Pages." Click it. Drag to "Output Options" and release.

2) Click "Save As PDF"�. Click the (newly retitled) "Save..." button, and give your document a name and location. That's it.

[With apologies to dtriska.]

[ 08-04-2001: Message edited by: an on ]

iSoulBrotha  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2001, 08:10 PM

Thanks dtriska & an-on for your response, it helped out allot. Okay, I understand now in AWs, but what about straight scanned images from the brochures and putting them together as a PDF-brochure, so-to-speak, of each item(machines), can this be done as well, and how, or am I not just getting from the prior helpful responses.
People who know, KNOW.

SezMe
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2001, 11:40 PM

Same in any OS X application that supports printing. If you scan in your brochure as, say, a TIFF file, you should be able to view the file in Preview, and then follow the instructions as above.

iSoulBrotha  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2001, 08:49 AM

Thank You SezMe , I appreciate your input and now, I believe, I understand all.
People who know, KNOW.

Forum Links
Forum Rules