Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > No pre-war evidence for WMD or al-Qaeda: Rumsfeld shoots down Bush's war

No pre-war evidence for WMD or al-Qaeda: Rumsfeld shoots down Bush's war
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 5, 2004, 02:55 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3715396.stm

The only question is:

Why now, four weeks before elections?

Has the Bush camp decided after the debate that they're so smacked down that their only chance is to come clean and hope it'll blow over and get weaselled-out of within four weeks?

An Alias
Forum Regular
Location: NOT in The People's Theocratic Republic of Homophobia
Oct 5, 2004, 02:58 PM

Doesn't surprise me, it was all a fix from the start, IMO.
Oh well, at least Halliburton got a nice slice of the rebuilding Iraq pie.

Nothing like a war to oil the wheels of big business.
Who, or what actually won the US election? Intolerance. The Bush campaign was built around pushing God down people's throats; attacking Gays; and more Guns for the idiotic. Gays, Guns & God. Congratulations, you just participated in one big joke.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Oct 5, 2004, 03:00 PM

Already debunked.

An Alias
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2004, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
Already debunked.
So what you mean is, Rumsfield is clarifying somethnig that he says was misunderstood in the first place. I wonder what needed clearing up? Or did he just run his mouth off as usual and regret it?
Who, or what actually won the US election? Intolerance. The Bush campaign was built around pushing God down people's throats; attacking Gays; and more Guns for the idiotic. Gays, Guns & God. Congratulations, you just participated in one big joke.

tie
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2004, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by An Alias:
So what you mean is, Rumsfield is clarifying somethnig that he says was misunderstood in the first place. I wonder what needed clearing up? Or did he just run his mouth off as usual and regret it?
I think Simey's definition of "debunked" is that Rumsfeld realized what he said was a mistake, and so decided to say he didn't mean to say it after all. So in other words, not debunked.

The problem is that the administration has gotten itself tied up into so many lies that it can't say the truth without taking a political hit. Yet another reason we need another administration with some real credibility.

An Alias
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2004, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by tie:
I think Simey's definition of "debunked" is that Rumsfeld realized what he said was a mistake, and so decided to say he didn't mean to say it after all. So in other words, not debunked.

The problem is that the administration has gotten itself tied up into so many lies that it can't say the truth without taking a political hit. Yet another reason we need another administration with some real credibility.
Exactly. So many lies that they're bound to catch up with ya at some point.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 5, 2004, 04:06 PM

Think Insane says use the thread that was here first. No need for clarification and I stand by my words.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules